Baan Suan Lalalana

robramdsen

i am now ready for semi retirement and have been thinking of buying a condo at baan suan lalana for some years, i know im a bit late doing it with property prices going up and the pound dropping. can anyone advise on the state of internet coverage and the tv can you get the english premier league ? thank Rob

I have a friend in Bangkok considering buying in Baan Suan Lalana, and know a fellow who owns some units there. He (the latter friend) just told me that the only internet option now -- other than 56k dial-up -- is TOT. Apparently folks who already have TT&T (and maybe True, as well?) phone lines can keep their service, but any new subscriptions must be TOT.

• 2 weeks later...
I've just moved here and the internetop. is mamawifi, 500bht/month, and it very slow....havent manage to find the football though.

but the area is beautiful and you can't hear much more than the birds....good luck

Are there many mosquitos in the complex? When I viewed an apartement a year ago, I noticed a lot of trees and bushes around the buildings. I am looking for a rental apartment for February next year.

Lembit, have you anything to do with Estonia? I mean due to your nickname?

robramdsen was there the other day looking at some of the houses and noticed MANY for rent, maybe you should try that route before committing to a purchase

Not a god choice at all, old, not very nice, very difficult if you want to sell it again, to far outside. Prices still arround 400'k for a cheap one, With all the opportunities and cheap rental i would never buy one! Rent about 5'000 Baht per month.

robramdsen was there the other day looking at some of the houses and noticed MANY for rent, maybe you should try that route before committing to a purchase

Not a god choice at all, old, not very nice, very difficult if you want to sell it again, to far outside. Prices still arround 400'k for a cheap one, With all the opportunities and cheap rental i would never buy one! Rent about 5'000 Baht per month.

Doubt if you will get any Condo there for B400,000 .When i looked there 18 months ago the cheapest i saw was 1 M baht .

Anyway i agree with some of the rest ,they are getting old and prices can only go down .It is though a very nice complex ,with big balconys ,good security ,well managed and quiet and peaceful .

In the end i decided to buy at the new Park Lane Condo complex near completion now also in Jomtien on Soi Wat Boon .They still have units for sale there in buildings 3 and 4 .Will have a huge lagoon swimming pool and units though small at 36 sq meter , have a seperate bedroom .

I was also not impressed with this development. One place we looked at had a Thai family across the way...with many screaming kids on the balcony. Great price, but you would have to keep your patio door closed! The managers only had one place for rent, but there are others either listed with agents or with signs on the balconies...so, you will have many renters there.

How many of those units can you find for me that are priced at 400,000. I think you are thinking about the wrong complex. I happen to own a unit there. The grounds are very well kept, it is quiet and security is great. Maybe the best part is that the monthly maintenance is 10 baht per square meter per month and since it is well managed, the fund has a very healthy surplus. I moved upcountry some time back and my unit is leased to a friend of mine. He loves it there.

I have lived in Lalana for 3yrs now, I bought 2 condo's and knocked them into 1 (using a friends family to renovate) I have had no issues and find it a nice place to live. I accept there are nicer places in Pty, all depends on what you want and prepared to spend.

Noisey neighbours can be found in any community environment, therefore essential that you find the right condo for you.

Try renting for a few months, there are places available, you can make a judgement call then

I have lived in Lalana for 3yrs now, I bought 2 condo's and knocked them into 1 (using a friends family to renovate) I have had no issues and find it a nice place to live. I accept there are nicer places in Pty, all depends on what you want and prepared to spend.

Noisey neighbours can be found in any community environment, therefore essential that you find the right condo for you.

Try renting for a few months, there are places available, you can make a judgement call then

Can I add, that I have the BPL football and all the other major sports events (True) and ToT provide my internet which is a very acceptable speed even when I am streaming.

• 2 years later...