Please Offer Some Advice!

imfinethankyou

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum, from Virginia and have been teaching just outside of Bangkok for about 8 months. I love it but I could'nt do it forever.

I was travelling a lot on the weekends and soaking up as much of Thailand as I can. I recently had a Thai girlfriend for about a month.

Both 24, and about a year out of school. We just werent right for one another and split up. Problem being, I felt she was never fully honest with me and her religious beliefs and the lack of mine clashing (she is Mormon).

She is a nice girl but now we face a huge problem and she is full of emotions and has pulled a complete 180 on me.

She is pregnant with my child.

We first were shocked and I didnt believe it. She took the pee test and it was positive. Her and a friend went to a doctor and confirmed it. (Which Ill have checked again for myself)

She wont tell her family for the fear they will ask her to abort the child. She is only a week in and very convinced to keep the baby. My first thoughts were to take the pill because it is so soon and we can save ours and the childs future.... She refuses and I respect that this is her body and her child as well but where do we go?.

She now soemtimes says things like "you want to kill my baby" and "you want to take my baby" or 'just leave me alone 'and even stops taking my calls.

She is coming clean about lies in the past and I simply do not trust this girl no matter how sweet and fragile she seems. She flies off the handle and wont listen to anything I say. Neither of us are ready for the baby, but hey time to man up yar?

If she has this child do I have just as much of right to custody?

I am an American so the baby is half American. How does Thai Law come into play here? Does she have full custody if the baby is born in Thailand? Can I get this baby a passport?

It would be hard enough having a child with a woman you aren't with...a woman abroad, I really don't know where to start.

Thinking about it all, I think my main concern is If I have a child I want to be able to take care of it and be good dad like mine was to me... I want it to meet its grandparents.

Do I not have a shot at this? Will I have to be the guy who can only see his child in photos and on visits(which i cant afford regularly) to Thailand.

Forum, Im trying to be smart and tackle this situation but I really need some input from others. Im not revealing this to the family or friends just yet.

Thanks

O.K. go on then, I'll be the first............................

Old Thai girl trick because you dumped her. A pound to a penny she's not up the duff. I mean, one week? Please. You admit she's a liar, so why on earth do you believe this?

I want to know how you found a Thai mormon. I thought mormon's were supposed to be good girls, no rumpy pumpy before they were married etc?

Exit stage right. Oh and the Mormons I know may not drink but they do rumpy dumpy..

I had a mormon secretary in the US and she reckoned they were not supposed to, though she did admit to giving the BF a BJ which I found rather odd. She was 32 too, and no doubt a "virgin" (except for her mouth, I guess)!

I think the others have made a fair point - from what I can read at this point this is on her say so - you can't have a pregnany confirmed after only a week! Normally a test will not work until you have missed a period - so a week long pregnancy is imposibile to detect!

Fingers crossed she is at the wind up!

You know her for one month, see is pregnant for one week, see telling lies and you want to know about a passport.

I can also give you advice about Insurance for your child, where to get her a drivers lincence and some universities around bangkok.

:)HELLO wake up!!!!!

How you know it is your child?

If so what is the change you would stay with her?

If she dont tell her parants as she maybe need to do a abortion, (my advise ) you tell them.

Seems a typical setup, i would go my way for a few months and keep a eye on her from a distance.

IF she actually is a mormon,chanses are,that her parents are mormons too.(Not necercerely,of course).In that case,I doubt that they want an abortion... I guess,that she might be pregnant,but with her (Thai ) boyfriend`s child! Now they think they have come up with an idea how to get somebody else to foot the bills.And perhaps not only you,but some additional blue-eyed farangs..Another thing;if you had unprotected sex (obviously),you better keep a close eye on your Willy,he might have cought something!Let us know what happens!