Taxi Buriram/bkk/buriram

Chaimai

It occurs to me that, with growing numbers of Falang in/travelling to the Isaan region, there is an increasing need for a decent, good value taxi service to/from the airport - or even Pattaya or Bangkok.

In my case I am looking for a taxi to go from Buriram province to Suvarnadhumi and then a return trip a few days later. I don't mean some idiot trying to charge 6,000 Baht+ but someone who is content to get 3,000 Baht or so for a days work.

I would be very hesitant in getting a taxi from where you want to go as they will have driven 6 hours to pick you up and will be 12 hours of driving with no sleep and little rest before you get to your destination. Taxis from the provinces are more expensive than their city equivalents in many cases.

In my case I am looking for a taxi to go from Buriram province to Suvarnadhumi and then a return trip a few days later. I don't mean some idiot trying to charge 6,000 Baht+ but someone who is content to get 3,000 Baht or so for a days work.

6k for a RETURN TRIP doesn't sound to steep to me, CM. :)

The fuel would probably cost 1,000b for gas or 3,000b for deisel

My brother is coming to Surin from Pattaya 2moro and paying 4,000b & I thought that was a fair price. :D

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

My brother is coming to Surin from Pattaya 2moro and paying 4,000b & I thought that was a fair price. :D

Dave

If the fuel is costing 3000bt then with a 60% GPM, 6000bt is cheap!

I think however CM is indicating a price of 3000bt for each trip. Nevertheless with fuel, insurance and wear and tear + depreciation, and drivers fee, 3000 hardly covers it

Dave

Dave,

The clue was in "3,000 baht or so for a days work".

Wouldn't surprise me if your lack of attention to detail resulted in you missing restaurant signs :D .

AND if I ever want a plumber, I will use a Thai !!

Sorry, my mistake. I read it as 1/2 day trip one day and another 1/2 day return trip equates to your one days work. Maybe I work longer hours! LOL :)

Your right about the signs though,Ray, although I choose my customers and not allow them to choose me :D:D

Have a gr8 Xmas and see you next year.

Dave & Sri

Edited by Dave the Dude

Pattaya to Buriram is 430km and I'd guess Surin is nigh on the same. Even my 3.0L auto truck can manage 13km/L on that run at my speeds so that is 33 litres or call it Bt1000 as a round number. Drivers can hire cars from around Bt500 a day (new or fairly motors - I use the hire equation to remove wear and tear on the car accruals) and they will do the return the same day / night. So they are out of pocket Bt2500 and tired after 2 long drives. No tolls.

In those circumstances, just how much should a taxi driver expect to make ? Then reduce the fuel costs to a car from a heavy truck and to gas from diesel or petrol and perhaps their total costs are below Bt2000. Most drivers will not factor in the cost of using the car but I have in this example.

I'd say Bt4000 was steep, Bt3000 good and anything in between acceptable.