Cambodian Embassay - Bangkok

POAK

Can anyone please help, I have been trying to telephone the Cambodian Embassy in Bangkok for the past few days and there is no answer?

I cannot seem to find them on the inter-net, telephone numbers or correct address for them.

If anyone actually has their correct telephone number and address, it would be much appreciated.

My girlfriend (Thai) and I (Australia) are planning to go for a week, we have been told by many different people that we don't need visa's and can get one at the airport when we arrive, other's tell us we do need visa's.

So to make sure we want to go to the embassy and get them either way to make sure we don't get turned away when we arrive.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Edited by POAK

After spending most of the day on the Sky Train, going back and forth, then on a taxi motor-bike, who rode around for an hour looking for the place, we finally found, came across the Cambodian Embassy.

Apparently the embassy was located at - No. 185 Rajddamri Road, Lumpini Patumwan, Bangkok 10330; but when I got off at the Raatchadamri Sky Train Station, the lady in the booth was kind enough to inform me that the embassy had since moved. She was good enough to make a few telephone calls for me and gave me the new address which is - 518/4 Pracha Uthit Road. (Soi Ramkamhaeng 39) - Wangtonglang, Bangkok 10310.

Their web site states up to 3 days processing time, actually I only had to wait for half an hour and 1,100.00THB after had my visa.

Hope this helps anyone wanting to fin the place, looking forward to spending our Christmas and New Year there.

PS, if anyone knows of a clean, comfortable and cheap hotel in Phnom Penh were we can just walk in and book a room, it would be much appreciated.

Edited by POAK

its almost impossible to phone the cambodian embassy in BK and also difficult to go there and find them open but it is very easy to get a visa at the airport on arrival it will cost you $25 us. for a tourist visa for one month and it is no problem at all.I lived there for one year and you can actually get business visas from the supermarket I have also done many visa runs from thailand to cambodia and its never a problem to get a tourist visa at the airport for me or my thai girlfriend.

Their web site states up to 3 days processing time, actually I only had to wait for half an hour and 1,100.00THB after had my visa.

PS, if anyone knows of a clean, comfortable and cheap hotel in Phnom Penh were we can just walk in and book a room, it would be much appreciated.

That's more expensive than getting the Cambodian visa when you arrive ($20 or 1,000thb) or online ($25), not to mention far too much hassle.

The Castle is excellent but pricey for Phnom Penh, also try Billabong, Pickled Parrot or even the Rose Bar has great rooms upstairs but is a fleshpot downstairs.

That's more expensive than getting the Cambodian visa when you arrive ($20 or 1,000thb) or online ($25), not to mention far too much hassle.

Minor point, but actually $20 is more like 660 THB at today's exchange rate. So, at 1,100 THB from the embassy that's almost double the price.

Forgot to mention the office hours - 09:00am to 12:00am / 1:30pm to 17:00pm

I was given so much conflicting information, and as I was not able to contact the embassy via telephone, I decided to cover all bases and get the visa for us both before we left, just in case something changed or happened, cannot be too sure or careful. The actual cost was about 36 AUD, so for 72 AUD it’s peace of mind for me.

The best way is to get the visa online (tourist visas only, business visas must be applied for on arrival or at Embassy/Consulate). Hassle free and you can walk straight through Immigration on arrival instead of having to wait in more queues.

It also means you don't use a full page in your passport, as the e-visa is printed out and discarded after use.