Running Out Of Space In Passport And Transfer Of Visa/stamps

I have a US passport that is almost full. I have already had pages added to it once. I would appreciate some help in clearing up this process.

1) Is it possible to add pages to your passport more than once at the US embassy in Bangkok? I have heard both yes and no with no proof either way.

2) If I need to get a new passport will I be able to keep my old one (with Thai visas, etc.)? I see two froms on the US website (http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/passports.html): DS-11 and DS-82.

1. Complete a passport application form. There are two possible forms (DS-11 and DS-82), depending on your individual circumstance. Use form DS-82only if your previous U.S. passport:

• Was issued when you were age 16 or older and

• Was issued within the last 15 years and

• Is undamaged and can be submitted at the time of application and

• Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change.

If you answered no to any of the above statements you are not eligible to use form DS-82! You must submit form DS-11. Also, if the passport you are applying for is a replacement for a lost, stolen or mutilated passport you must use form DS-11.

If you go the DS-11 form, it again lists the requirements but says nothing about the “can be submitted” aspect. I am assuming that I cannot submit my old passport because I need to retain my visa and stamps. Therefore, am I correct in thinking I must use form DS-11?

3) If I have my old passport and a new one, am I required to transfer stamps and visa, or do I just use both for exit and entry? My current visa is from 2004 and I just keep getting more stamps each year. Does this mean that technically the visa never expires and I will have to carry my old passport around indefinitely?

4) How does my annual re-entry permit come into play here? Do I need to transfer it too?

5) If transfer is necessary, can I get this all done at rasa tower?

1. Yes

2. Yes - DS-82 is used - you show your passport at Embassy

3. Yes - transfer extension of stay and re-entry stamps. Your re-entry is your visa now.

4. Yes

5. Are you BOI eligible? They close on 24th in any case so would not be there.

5 additional insert is the maximum for a u.s passport which I was informed. (I currently have 5 additional inserts in my passport, 2 from Bangkok 3 from Singapore US embassy). I will have to apply for a new passport thereafter.

so you should be okay to get your insert done in Bangkok.