Chinese Visa - Any Problems For Uk Passport Holder.

d2jlr

Hi

Due to family bereavement(s) I have been unable to arrange a Chinese Tourist Visa in UK and have ran out of time prior to travel.

Is there any problem with arranging it at the Chinese Embassy in Thailand while my wife and I are in Bangkok for two weeks?

I had heard it is up to the Chinese official if someone applies from a foreign country ( to Thailand) and the person is on holiday so we are aware it is not guaranteed!

I would like to hear from anyone who has any experience of trying in Bangkok to get a single entry tourist visa for China but are not Thai or permanent resident.

Thanks

getting a visum is never ever garanteed-just ask a Thai wanting to visit the UK. But thats just quibbling for this: I have done so (EU, not UK) 3 times now-here in BKK and it always went without a hitch. Can do by yourself-at office Opposite embassy-or via agent. Cost is (for the normal L-type=tourist 30 or 60 days) 1100 bt for 4-day delivery, +50% for fast=2/3 days, or +100% for express=same/next day. Bring passpt and 2 COLOR foto's, open 8.30/9.00-11.30, MRT-stop Ram IX nearby, fill in form, get nr-wait up, things willbe checked-if not OK they tell you what to do. Anyone speaks at least the essential english. When collect-pay first, get slip-then line up. and thats all. ONLY working days count-I dont know wjich holidays they adher to around 1/1.

It's easy to get a visa for China in Bangkok so long as you have all the paperwork they want.

Takes 4 days.

The visa is easy to get from the Chinese embassy in Bangkok. I got my last visitor visa within one day. Apply in the morning then collect in the afternoon. Just out of interest you can apply for a double entry, so can enter twice on the same visa if necessary.

Cheers, Rick

Prices are as follows for UK visa

1 entry 2 entry 6month 1 yr

2300 2850 3400 4500 same day service

1900 2450 3000 4100 2-3 day service

1100 1650 2200 3300 4 day service

just need to bring 1 picture and make sure the passport doesn't expire within 6 months

you can fill the form at the counsulate

Take the subway and get off Rama IX station, it is north of the fortune tower. Ratchada Soi 3

You can also get any travel agency to do it for you. But they will charge anywhere between 3-500 baht.

No it is no problem arranging a visa for China while in Bangkok

They give visas to pretty much everyone who applies.

Catch is you must have your flights and hotels booked before

applying for the visa. You need to give them copies of all

your light and hotel confirmations hen you hand in visa request

forms.

They will not accept applications with out these. I found out

the hard way and had to make a 2nd trip to embassy.

If you are pressed for time there are lots of people in embassy

who will save you waiting in line time for a price

No it is no problem arranging a visa for China while in Bangkok

They give visas to pretty much everyone who applies.

Catch is you must have your flights and hotels booked before

applying for the visa. You need to give them copies of all

your light and hotel confirmations hen you hand in visa request

forms.

NO-this was only for a certain time in 2008-due to the Olympics eand hightened security. I -like I told before-have done it 3 times now and NO other paperwork as just the form is neeed. Pleae dont post-or tell the restrcicns-if you dont know the situation!

Not sure where in China you need to get too but if you stop in Hong Kong first then China visa's are relatively easy to obtain.

Yes!Do it in HongKong - if you are in a hurry - you will get it almost instantly(for a fee),it is possible to do it

.....at the border;if you have more time - in any travel agency:sameday service,2hours service,3days service.No idiotic paper work - 1(one) visa photo,fill the form,sign and pay.They can give you 3 months,double entry without any fuss.Fuss will start if you want multiple/one year(6months is possible).