Can U Change To Diff Visas While Ur On Volunteer Visa

It is not illegal to look for work. Only for working you would need a work permit, working without a work permit is illegal. To get a work permit, you need a non-immigrant visa.

If you stop volunteering you need to cancel your permisison to stay the same day and than can ask for a new permission to stay based on your employment.

But are you on a multi entry visa or on a 1 year extension from immigration inside Thailand?

It is not illegal to look for work. Only for working you would need a work permit, working without a work permit is illegal. To get a work permit, you need a non-immigrant visa.

If you stop volunteering you need to cancel your permisison to stay the same day and than can ask for a new permission to stay based on your employment.

But are you on a multi entry visa or on a 1 year extension from immigration inside Thailand?

im currently on double entry tourist visa, but i heard it's getting hard to keep getting them, also it's tiring for me. so im looking into either volunteering, ED, or something... till i get employed.... <- is that possible if u only got like a BA...? LOL

Edited by gravion

There is no problem in getting a non-O based on volunteering, but you would need to have a registered charity where you volunteer and they must help you with applying for a work permit. Without evidence that you applied for a work permit (wp3 form from labour office) you might not get a non-O visa.

The Ed-visa is a good option, you will need to pay something like 29,000 a year for the course and study at least 4 hours a week. More information when you click on the banners of one of the language schools on top of the page.

It allows you to look for work, but you cannot work on an ED-visa. If you find work you will need to go abroad and get a non-B visa.

atm for me due to lack of info, ED visa seems to be the easiest and surest way of getting a year. 25,000Baht at some language school, im not caucasian so i could take english courses and still get a visa? cuz i dont want my thai to be tested at immgiration...

Edited by gravion

Yes, it doesn't have to be Thai language, a course English would be fine as well. Several language schools provide these as well. Just ask around and make sure the school can help you with the ED-visa.

As for the Thai tests, it is not sure what is going on and the test are very basic. If you study you should have no problem answering the very simple questions.