Work Permit, Second Job

A friend of mine (honest!) has been working a first job legitimately, with a work permit, and a second job on the side.

The first employer is closing down. The second employer is willing to apply for a work permit on my friend's behalf.

My question is: should he quickly get the second employer added to the work permit? And if so, what happens when the first employer closes?

Alternatively, should he return the first work permit and immediately apply for a new work permit (hoping that it's all processed within 7 days before he has to leave the country)?

(He's on a non-Imm B visa.)

Thanks.

Best is to have the second employer added to the work permit. If he is on the work permit and the first employer closes shop, he still has a valid work permit and so his permission to stay would remain intact. Not to mention that he would be working legally.

If he does it after the first employer closes down he has to get a 7 day extension and arrange for a work permit for the second employer within 7 days, or leave the country.

The question is inded if he is on a valid multiple non-B and leaves the country every 90 days or on an extension of stay. A multiple non-B would remain valid, an extension ends when you lose your job.