The Thai immigration line at Swampy

12 minutes ago, capin said:

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the Thai immigration line at Suvarnabhumi is manned or do they have computerized gates now?

Thanks,

Still have both as far as I know, ratio perhaps changed, and different tomorrow maybe ?

Surely manned at the ones getting assistance.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, capin said:

Does anyone know if the Thai immigration line at Suvarnabhumi is manned or do they have computerized gates now?

Arriving? Departing?

Thai? Foreigner?

Foreign, departing -- egates but make sure you are eligible. There have been threads/questions here about using these with various visa/permission to stay authorizations.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2023/12/11/suvarnabhumi-auto-departure-passport-control-is-open-to-foreigners/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1314045-suvarnabhumi-airport-opens-automated-channels-to-foreign-travellers/

4 hours ago, Upnotover said:

There is a clue in the question....

The OP's question may have been a bit ambiguous.

At Thai immigration, there are lines for foreigners and there are other lines for Thai nationals.

My wife (Thai citizen) and I went to my home (UK) in 2022 for a holiday. I queued up in the non UK citizens line with her, We got to the front and the UK immigration dude was really cool, He said that next time we should queue in the UK citizens queue as I am a UK citizen and my wife would be allowed to use that queue as well as long as she was with me.

We went to Thailand in November 22. We walked into the non Thai lane but there was a Thai immigration person there and my wife spoke to him and he opened the barrier and let us through the Thai citizen side. We are going to Thailand next month, Wife and son (Thai citizens) and me (UK citizen). Does anyone know that as a family, Are we allowed to use the Thai citizen lane please?