Shoes

cmjantje

I want to buy a real good pair of shoes. I am used to pay for my shoes at least 10.000 baht (converted from euro) but these shoes last for at least 10 years.

Also an idea bout a very good shoe repair shop is welcome!

JMM

The old Sogo next to the Eriwan shrine used to have shoes valued at anything up to baht 20k. The most expensive pair of shoes I own were purchased in KL at Ringgit Malaysia 2,250 i.e baht 22k. For me there is nothing better than feeling good in a good pair of shoes.

I hope you find what you are looking for. :)

The old Sogo next to the Eriwan shrine used to have shoes valued at anything up to baht 20k. The most expensive pair of shoes I own were purchased in KL at Ringgit Malaysia 2,250 i.e baht 22k. For me there is nothing better than feeling good in a good pair of shoes.

I hope you find what you are looking for. :)

Correct! The Cheap Charlies don't know what they are missing!

I had a pair made for me at Siam Bootery on Sukhumwit about three years ago - 13,000 Baht. They were (and still are) okay and I am sure that they will provide years of useful wear if I continue to look after them. But the shop (or their contractor) took three weeks to make them and I think that I could probably have bought them in UK for similar money ... and that was when a pound bought you 70 Baht or so.

• 1 month later...
Im a Scottish shoe maker. Ive based my studio in Bangkok. PM me if you would like a pair handmade for you.

bangkokpost.com/leisure/leisurescoop/32720/a-man-and-his-shoes

Cheers

Are Scottish shoes very different from other shoes?

oh and the last pair I bought from edisons were 49 baht so i'm not sure they'll cater for the OP's taste in footwear! :)

Edited by bifftastic