Motorbike Insurance

engrin

I want to know if the insurance companies here in Thailand will pay out *or* refuse to pay if the driver does not have a Thai license?

Also, what if the owner of the bike is not the driver? For example, my bike is in my wife's name, if I am driving and we have an accident will the insurance pay? Do I need to have my name put on the policy?

1st class insrance(full cover):

Without DL insurance will pay for fix the bike and tiers vehicule but no corporels damages.

Be aware sometimes in case of large repairs amounts or corporels damages,insurance request a police's report...You can be stuck if BiBs ask for your DL...

With DL ,no problem insurance will pay for driver(even not on policy),bike,tiers vehicules and corporels damages .

As Peace said it's easy to get DL...Just spend half day to fill documents and ride along fews plots.

I want to know if the insurance companies here in Thailand will pay out *or* refuse to pay if the driver does not have a Thai license?

As long as you have a valid (legal) license for the type of vehicle you are driving, it does not matter if you have a Thai DL or one from your own country.

However as others have said, it is only sensible to get a Thai DL as it makes things easier should you be stopped but the BIB plus can be used as an I.D.

Also, what if the owner of the bike is not the driver? For example, my bike is in my wife's name, if I am driving and we have an accident will the insurance pay? Do I need to have my name put on the policy?

In Thailand it is the vehicle not the person who is insured. Please note in the event of a claim it is the policy holder that will be paid out.