Attorney General Indicts Five Police, Ex-officer In Saudi Businessman's Disappearance

churchill

It's a step in the right direction. Only time will tell.

Why did this take 20 years so far with NO results and a month before it stops they start to look again...

I would presume it went somewhere in a shrimp-farm and Thai renter / investor lost it all...

It's a step in the right direction. Only time will tell.

Why did this take 20 years so far with NO results and a month before it stops they start to look again...

I would presume it went somewhere in a shrimp-farm and Thai renter / investor lost it all...

I may be wrong, but I believe the statute of limitations in Thailand is 20 years for these offences. and Time is almost up, so its time for one last push to show something is being done.

• 1 month later...

Uh oh, looks like the statute of limitations has expired. It was a valient last ditch effort by the DSI, sadly too little to late

Steveromagnino posted

The current Dem coalition have the ticking clock to deal with, and some (cynically but that's just me) observers might comment that to be seen to do something is enough; the statute of limitations kicks in and those in power can thus normalise relationships while their predecessors logically take more of the blame, while not having to do the 100% due diligence and investigation

The problem with normalizing relationships is both parties must want to. I see no indications that SA wants to. -- I read somewhere that the figure was 3.5bn USD per year in remittances in the late 80's. OMG