Small Land Plot Wanted In Cm

wineaux

I'm looking for a land plot somewhere in the city arround 100 t.wah to build on. What should I be paying for such a plot in THB/sq.w?

Got a potential plot being offered at around 15,000 THB per sq.w so far in good location but the road is single lane.

Any pointers on how to find other plots appreciated, should we go to the land office?

I know land is much cheaper as you head out of CM but looking for something with easier (walk/bike) access to city centre.

Thanks in advance

W

If you have or know of a plot pls feel free to pm me

"Within easy access by bike to the city"

What exactly does that mean? Is that motor bike? 10 minutes? 15 minutes? Down the Canal Road? How about 8,500 baht in ten minutes?

Edited by Asmerom

"Within easy access by bike to the city"

What exactly does that mean? Is that motor bike? 10 minutes? 15 minutes? Down the Canal Road? How about 8,500 baht in ten minutes?

Well bicycle would be better and by foot even better, so yes the nearer to town the better. However I am open to suggestions so if you know of somewhere please feel free to promote it here or pm me.

Edited by wineaux

I've attached a screen print of the area that I am interested in as a guide.

While you were penning and posting that map I was writing this post which now seems to be totally redundant. However, I've written it so I'm going to post it. So there.

It’s quite possible my suggestions will not appeal to you as most house purchasers are searching for a small civilised Moo Baan populated with identical little boxes stacked closely together in very straight lines and separated only by a handkerchief sized patch of greenery.However as you profess to enjoy walking and cycling and may even be guilty of wearing shorts (but surely not sandals) I suspect that such eccenrtic behaviour might possibly lead you to look with favour on the more outlandish options available here though the wife may not so easily fall for their primitive charm.

Baan Wang Tan.

In this old,sprawling,extensive,spacious estate there isn’t a straight line to be seen. It’s located 7kms.from the Airport Plaza, South, down the 108 Hang Dong Road.It’s 3.5 kms past Tesco.You then see a big BLUE SONY sign on the other side of the road and if you look up on your side of the road you will see a very old, large,dirty advertisement with houses on it. That’s the Baan Wang Tan ad and turning. After about 1km.along this country lane (keeping left at the bend ) you see rice fields and a big unmissable new house on your left.At this point take the RIGHT fork to go under the white arch past the guards.A few 100 meters more and you come to the offices where they sell the plots at 8,500baht per talang wah. If you haven’t already turned back to Chiang Mai in disgust, motor round for twenty minutes and you’ll know immediately whether you love it or hate it.

Chiang Mai Lakeland.

Similarly weird,old style,sprawling mature characterful estate.

There doesn’t appear to be any offices here.But as on both estates you can see lots of houses being built and lots of plots available.Lakeland is nearer to town than Wang Ta being only 3km. south from Suthep Road down the Canal Road (121). On the left. I find it much pleasanter driving (or cycling) along this road.

Have you explored the area to the North West of the city-north of the University- in the vicinity of the new Condos being built there? Just a km. or two along Canal Road. Then left towards the mountains. Its always struck me as desirable area to live --if you want to be out of town but with easy access. Thee does seem to be building plots available.

http://www.qualitycondo.co.th/ : Mountain Front

http://www.kkn.co.th/ : Baan Suan Geenery Hill

http://www.touchhillplace.com/ : Touch Hill Place

Further to my post above (post #6), Mrs T informs me that the prices on the government site may not be entirely accurate as people who register their sales/purchases will tend to underprice a little to stay below certain tax thresholds. However you'd still get an idea of approximate and, particularly, relative prices per district.

Hope its useful.

Asmerom - I enjoyed your article, thanks for the info I will check these out on our next trip.

Thakkar - Thanks for that I will go through it with the wife

The banks are a good idea, it will be in listed in Thai so will have to get some help. Note to self must start learning to read Thai this year...

Anyone have any experience with Jasmine Homes? They seem to have quite a few land plots listed although I need to check the locations. They also provide a design and build service which I am not ready to start looking at yet.

On a side note can anyone recommend a Thai architect (who pref speaks English)

Edited by wineaux

Anyone have any experience with Jasmine Homes? They seem to have quite a few land plots listed although I need to check the locations. They also provide a design and build service which I am not ready to start looking at yet.

On a side note can anyone recommend a Thai architect (who pref speaks English)

I've just being dealing with their renting service and was personally very disappointed with the level of sevice they provided.I emailed them to detail exactly why this was and they replied with a totally ineffective, "Sorry". No attempt to restore my trust in them as professional agents. Communication ceased and I gave them up. Especially when I found that a house they were advertising at 25,000baht per month was being offered for rent by the Moo Baan itself for 18,000baht. But I'm a very difficult customer and I'm sure my experience is a very personal one, not to be taken too seriously by others.

I must say though, that I was only dealing with the Thai renting assistants and I know that the owner Steve Malone is more involved with the land and building side of things. Dealing with him would be quite different.

I thought his development at Jasmine Lakes was most appealing. I liked the style of his houses and the size of the plots. Its certainly worth a look (if their sullen driver could be persuaded to take you there). He also has a resort development at Doi Saket.

Good Luck.

>>(if their sullen driver could be persuaded to take you there).

Thats probably Gon ( or Goon as i call him ) .I had problems with him in renting a house and had to go above his head to the owner Steve Malone ( who seems ok ,and a fellow Irishman ) to sort things out .

For renting Jasmine Homes charge Falang prices .With local knowledge and contacts you can get cheaper rentals .

we are looking too,, 15,000- per wah sounds cheap if its close (walking distance, assuming 15 minutes) ) to the city.. just beware of the neighbors and neighborhood... is there a disco next door ??

Prices are cheaper the farthar you go into a soi, and if soi is small/narrow,,bcoz Thais pay high prices fro main road / wide road,, (its a face issue)

http://baansammi.blogspot.com/

Just came across this website and thought it might interest you. Especially this bit,

"The prices of land offered in the vicinity of Chiang Mai currently start at 170,000 Baht per rai, but most of the land is offered at prices ranging from 350,000 to 500,000 Baht per rai. The land prices vary considerably, depending largely on location. 1250baht per talang wah, being the maximum 'in the vicinity of Chiang Mai" !! Maybe, "in the vicinity" is the key. Or is my maths up the spout?Anyway the site is very informative and Khun Sammi is clearly a sharp operator (I mean that in a good way)with many business interests. A glance at the FAQ section might be useful for anyone thinking of buying property.

Edited by Asmerom

500K for a Rai is hard (impossible) to find inside the outer ring or along major roads a couple kms outside it. When you get closer towards the surrounding districtds (but not actually inside those of course) you do indeed drop to 300-500K or lower.

The amount of land is a key factor by the way. A smaller plot tends to cost relatively more per sq. wah than when there's 10 rai of the stuff. Unfortunatley it's far too often the case that the land price per rai / sq. wah is cheap, but you're looking at 5-50 rai. :)

Other factors are:

- accessibility from major roads (or any roads :D )

- irrigation availability for farming

- incline / flat , etc.

- legal status / papers etc. Chanote or NS3 being best, but it gets murkier below that.

Combine all of the above and you'll realize why the answer to the original question isn't any single number of baht.