Thai Beauty Wins Heavyweight Crown

george

Thai beauty wins heavyweight crown

story.bigbeauty.ap.jpg

Winner Tarnrarin Chansawang, with jumbo Queen contestants.

NAKHON PATHOM, Thailand (Reuters) -- In an era of chiselled supermodels and bizarre weight-loss diets, a Thai beauty contest celebrated women with a bit of flesh when heavy-weight contestants battled for the Miss Jumbo Queen crown.

The annual contest, which aims to raise awareness and money for Thailand's dwindling elephant population, allows full-sized women weighing over 80 kilograms (176 pounds) to show weight-conscious Thais that big is beautiful.

This year, 24 women participated in the contest Sunday at the Samphran Elephant Ground and Zoo, 60 kilometers (38 miles) west of the capital Bangkok.

"I want to show people that just because I'm fat doesn't mean I'm any less beautiful or talented," said 18-year-old winner, Tarnrarin Chansawang, who weighed in at 110 kilograms.

Tarnrarin, a bubbly business student and tuba player from Bangkok, took home several prizes, including a Jumbo-sized trophy and $50,000 baht ($1,270).

Judges also looked at other talents of the contestants who mesmerized hundreds of spectators with raunchy dance numbers and revealing costumes.

In keeping with Jumbo tradition, a side award for Miss Jumbo Universe went to university student Thanchanok Mekkeaw for weighing in as the heaviest competitor in the pageant at 182 kilograms.

--Reuters/CNN 2005-05-02

Thai beauty wins heavyweight crown

story.bigbeauty.ap.jpg

Winner Tarnrarin Chansawang, with jumbo Queen contestants.

$50,000 baht ($1,270).

--Reuters/CNN 2005-05-02

Call it a wild guess DJ P, but I would say 50 000 baht or 1270 US Dollars. :o:D:D

Foreplay with one of these girls would be rolling them over in some prickly heat powder to find the wet spot. :D