Expat Stabbed To Death

LivinLOS

Hope it is a wrong report, if not another sad day for the south of the island. Has anyone noticed that all these reports are from the south?

I implore every farang that whatever happens, no matter how minor they report it to the useless Chalong police and more importantly to their respective embassey.

It is only pressure from Gov's that will change this awful state of affairs.

A sad day indeed and condolences to the family.

I went past that 7/11 at 7.30pm last night. As i approached Chalong circle, and ambulance was heading up towards Phuket town on Chao Fa east. Just south of the circle, on the Rawai road i could saw a dark vehicle, a couple of cop vehicles and a few people standing about. I thought it was just another road accident and as the authorities were on scene, i make it a personal point to not rubber-neck.

Seems that what i saw in my peripheral vision was this incident.

A very sad situation.

Reading the report it seems like a case of road rage gone horribly wrong if the police theory is correct. They often man the circle at that time of night which means it is possible the initial incident was seen. I hope the suspects are caught asap.

The new piece has more information now.. RIP Eugen Wolf-Dieter

Am I the only one that finds the comment "xxxx placed a telephone call tonight to the Thai wife of Mr Wolf-Dieter. The call was answered by a Thai man who said: ''She is not here. She is sleeping in another house.'' a little odd.. Husband is killed and shes 'sleeping'.. hmmm..

RIP. It would be nice also if police wouldn't look the other way at vehicles with no license plate. The only time they care is if they actually have a checkpoint set up to collect tea money. It is rather odd though that the recent reported crimes have vehicles with no plates.

LivinLOS: in Thai, "sleeping" at another house would translate as "staying".

And you dont think if your husband is just stabbed she would be likely to be, I dont know, at the hospital or something ??

who knows, maybe as the news paper reports they where seperated. It would be odd for her to be involved (AKA put the youths up to it) and for him to also happen cut off the same youths (caught on camera according to the news report).

This sounds like a tragic case of road rage against a guy that also happened to be seperated from his wife.

who knows, maybe as the news paper reports they where seperated. It would be odd for her to be involved (AKA put the youths up to it) and for him to also happen cut off the same youths (caught on camera according to the news report).

The story as put up has been edited a few times.. Now it says the couple are separated, it didnt say that initially..

Also it now seems clearer the police are 'operating on the theory' thats based on camera footage, ss intially the story didnt describe the exact directions of vehicle travel which it now does (indicating it is circle cam footage and that your correct).. The first story just said there was a theory and they would look at footage, which could have been 7/11 cameras.

Very sad news.If it is road rage I think I will start taking my girlfriends advice and "Jai Yen Yen".

It's very hard sometimes though with the appalling driving practices here.

I have had a couple of run in's with the young guy's who race around the lake at Nai Harn most days around 5-00pm.

Modified bikes with no plates and usually on the wrong side of the road.

Maybe the Keystone cops should take a ride around the lake and have a look at the bikes.

About two years ago one of my friends was attacked out side the 7-11 opp the school in Chalong.

Three cowards one with a knife.My friend is a big guy ,he disarmed the coward and give him a good pasting.The other two ---- themselves and ran off.

Guess what.Mate was arrested and fined.<deleted>

A 66 y.o. german Farang was murdered yesterday evening after an argument with 3 Thaiyouth. Before the incident took place Wolf Kneiss Seim drove in his black VIGO on Rawai Road when he first saw the 3young Thaimen on a motobike.

When he stopped at a 7/11 shop at Rawai corner Sayuan road the 3 Thais first attacked him and later took a knife out and stabbed him after eyewitness reported.

He died on the way to the hospital at about 19:30 early evening.

Like usual the three young men fleed and are still at large. They are on a pink colored Yamaha Fino without a numberplate

free translation from SIANGTAI newspaper

sometimes I wonder what the Chanlong Police is doing, except stopping FARANGS and check for helmets and drivinglicenses. OK, when no helmet they stop Thais too, but I newer saw they stop someone for driving without lights or a numberplate, for driving to fast on a tuned motobike or checking areas around Chalong Circle

My condolences to family and friends of the victim, may he rest in peace

sorry, havent seen the thread here before

The new piece has more information now.. RIP Eugen Wolf-Dieter

Am I the only one that finds the comment "xxxx placed a telephone call tonight to the Thai wife of Mr Wolf-Dieter. The call was answered by a Thai man who said: ''She is not here. She is sleeping in another house.'' a little odd.. Husband is killed and shes 'sleeping'.. hmmm..

Yeah I didn't see that as literal either. I took that to mean she was staying somewhere else, as in with friends maybe because of the incident. This wouldn't preclude the possibility she was at the hospital.

Yeah, the news source we can't mention by name (anyone know why we cant' even mention the name?) seams to put out stories to quick, and edits them all day long... almost like a life newscast only in written form :)

Yes but we aren't allowed to talk about it here. If anyone wants the source, PM me.

Edited by ScubaBuddha