Cheap Hotel Rooms In Singapore

yoga100

Stayed in a dorm in a hostel in the indian part of town near bugis junction last year but would prefer a single room when i go to singapore in a couple of weeks

Anyone know any bargains for a single room with if possible a tv in the room in say bugis junction again or failing that in another part of town???

Edited by yoga100

Look up The Prince of Wales guesthouse. As I recall, their dormitory rooms were about S$18 per night and their single (private) rooms were about S$30. Be forewarned though that it's a bit of a party place - bands play there at times and most patrons aren't concerned about going to bed early.

Edited by OriginalPoster

The Hotel 81 chain is cheap and cheerful. Note that some of their sites offer short-time rooms though. Could be a good thing or a bad thing depending upon your point of view.....

http://www.hotel81.com.sg/

At Hotel 81 the low end of their rates is about S$60 and their rooms are small and bleak. Maybe it's cheap for a cement tower hotel in Singapore but it isn't particularly atmospheric. Personally I'd rather stay at any number of the cheap dives in Little India that cater to backpackers.

Edited by OriginalPoster

I know you said you didn't want to stay at any hostels, but The Mittra is a good hostel, in Little India..but on a side street minus any noise. It is less than a year old. Staff is great, have wifi in lobby (free), about 22-25SGD/night. Free breakfast.. I stayed there for a while last September, and had a room to myself..bunks were empty. I will stay there again on my return..

The Regin looks very good, thanks for that tip.

Be forwarned the Regin is situated in Geylang THE red light district, there are streetwalkers at the hotel's entrance.

Best value for money besides the 81 or Frangrance chain, there is the Value hotels and Aqueen hotels. Best value for money and location in town

Budget choices:

Hostelworld is your friend in an unknown city. Throw it between a www. and a .com and you're all set, including reviews of the joint in question.

I don't mind paying a bit more in Singapore. Try the ibis for a central location. It is priced higher than the above posted options though.