Finding An Apartment In Bkk

Daren

After a few days of pavement pounding my girlfriend I are beginning to wonder if there isn't a better way to find the right apartment in BKK. We are looking for something in the 10-15k range for immediate move in. We would like a swimming pool, fitness room, close to BTS or metro, near a park, AC in both rooms, hot water shower (bath tub if possible), TV, kitchen (even a small one might do). Of course we have a few other hopes, but are these things totally unreasonable?

We have mostly tried looking around Victory Monument and some near Lumpini Park (Lang Suan and few others) . VM was too busy and Lumpini too expensive. We don't know the city tremendously well, but those seemed like logical places to start looking.

Do you have any advice for us? Do you know of a good area? How about any brokers or "apartment finders". I have searched the internet for them without much luck. Do you know of a helpful service or individual? We have looked at thaiapartment.com and few others... with out a lot of success.

Any input greatly appreciated!

My complex may be a little far for you (Lat Phrao/Ratchayotin) but I do know of a block in Victory Monument opposite a nice park.

Ask John in Big Johns Thong Lor soi 9.

Or try http://www.4amnet.com/rooms/

Or http://ajarnforum.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5707

Hi all:

I'm currently apartment hunting for something in the Lat Phrao/Ratchayotin or Phaon Yothin area. I'm getting desperate - everything looks like a boxed-in hotel. I want a nice 1 or 2 BR for between 8-12,00 baht. Impossible?

Thanks for your help.

Kat

Hi Daren,

Most will tell you that it is not always possible to find the perfect apartment first time out.

It can be wise to find something that will do that is also not expensive, and then look around as you become more familiar with your surroundings. This worked very well for me and eventually I ended up with exactly what I wanted. Of course timing is also important so should you need to default on your deposit to acquire your perfect domain later a cheap apartments deposit loss won't be too painful.

I know a girl who works independently at finding farangs apartments. She is dilligent and very much in the know. She works on commission of one months rent paid by the landlord. She predominently works the Sukhumvit Soi's between RamaIV and Petchaburi.

If you would like her contact details PM me.

Below is one small studio ( not associated with my girl) in 'On Nut' that would do for now whilst you search for your ideal.

Good Luck

title: lumpini center sukumvit 77 , between soi 3 _ soi 5 ON NUT, Sukumvit 77, Bangkok

description:

it is a 30sq. m studio , with independent furnished kitchen & drying balcony

view from window of thsi condo which is on 8th floor ( top most in building) is most beautiful with a 150 years old buddha temple

( wat MahaBud ) , the temple has beautiful view & many spiritual functions can be seen with dances on festivasl etc..

furniture: 1 double bed with reading lights on head & mattress

2 wardrobe s for clothes , luggage etc

1 dressing table with morror & drawers

1 L shape sofa cum bed for 6 seats

1 Curtains in latest stitch style sliding vertically up down

1 Refregator

1 hot plate with 2 stoves

1 microwave

1 hot water instant gyser in bathroom

1 opeque acrylic sliding shower door

1 UBC ( 50 English channels connection )

1 TOT ( Govt. ) telephone line 3B per call ( no time limit )

1 Aircon Split Unit 9000BTU with remote

1 computer table

1 hi Speed internet connection

1 internal telephone line

1 partition between bed & living area

1 set crocery + 1 set utensils ( if required )

1 floor carpet

3 wall paintings

price: 8000B per month + maintainace to juristic approx 500B per month ( to be paid to us )

electric +telephone + water bills to be paid by you every month to respective agencies

contact name : Ms. aPpY

call number : 097885343 ; 02-2459983-4

email : [email protected]

ALL CONDO PHOTOS ARE UPLOAD HERE

http://spaces.msn.com/members/STUDIOatONNUT/

* check for photo update once the interiors are done in a week !

ms. aPpY

bangkok

Teach.

Hi,

I went through the same job last week. I did a good research in http://www.thaiapartment.com/ ... u can search by locality and budget... I ended up shortlisting 3 condo's close to my office and got the best the next day I landed in bangkok. You can get the contact no in the website and give a call, take a cab and go to the place.

This is one which I got while searching...

---------------------------------

VP Tower

Address: 21/45 Soi Chawakul , Rangnam Rd., Phayathai, Bangkok 10400

Tel: 02-246-8800

Fax : 02-246-8789

Email: [email protected]

BTS Station: Victory Monument, Phayathai

1 br (32 Sqm.) 12,000

1 br (34 Sqm.) 13,500

1 br (64 Sqm.) 20,000

2 br (64 Sqm.) 22,000

2 br (76 Sqm.) 25,000

--------------------

chk out the remaining ones...

Goodluck

After a few days of pavement pounding my girlfriend

That won't help you find an apartment!!

I always start with THIS SITE and move on from there - have found 2 apartments thru them.

But the best thing to do is to settle on a area you like and walk around and approach the buildings directly. Ask what is available and you may be surprised.

Good luck.

GG