Atm Fees--how To Minimize?

Even though you don't live in thailand,open up A bank account.Transfer vsome money in it from the bank in your country.Thats the way to go.

You can't..you have to prove your residency here in Thailand to qualify first. Try using an AEON ATM..no 150 baht fee.

nonsense, anyone with a passport can open aThai 'savings ' account with most banks

over the counter withdrawals at exchange booths or branches with exchange facilites are fee free (no 150 baht charge)

but you likely have to withdraw min of 20,000- baht .

then just open a savingsa ccount and get alocal atm card.fee free..

Can anyone else confirm this?
Bank of Ayudhya charges nothing for ATM withdrawal.

There have been several posts in other threads regarding this. I believe that the no 150 baht fee applies to some European cards. Perhaps trickcyclist can name the card he uses. I use US based cards, and those get charged as I have read on TV.

I use Aeon for my cash withdrawals.

Although, I haven't done this, you can go in to a bank with your passport and debit card and make a fee free "over the counter" withdrawal. I have also read on TV that not all branches allow this as they would prefer you to use their ATM since it is less work for them and they get the 150 baht fee.

Although, I haven't done this, you can go in to a bank with your passport and debit card and make a fee free "over the counter" withdrawal. I have also read on TV that not all branches allow this as they would prefer you to use their ATM since it is less work for them and they get the 150 baht fee.

I have tried this well documented maneuver on three occasions, at two different banks, and have always been referred to the ATM each time. Even with trying for a 150,000 baht cash advance, from my own branch of Kasikorn, I was told to use the ATM.

I have tried this well documented maneuver on three occasions, at two different banks, and have always been referred to the ATM each time. Even with trying for a 150,000 baht cash advance, from my own branch of Kasikorn, I was told to use the ATM.

I had the same problems with K Bank. Wanted 160,000 Thai Baht and tried using my Barclays Visa card in my local branch of K Bank to transfer the funds directly. The manager insisted I use the ATM outside !

Now I am with Bangkok Bank and have no problems going inside and using their excellent service with my Visa card to withdraw the funds.

That is not a complete list. I am aware of two other Aeon ATMs-- one in Siam Paragon basement (next to key place) and another ATM at rear of the first floor of Big C store opposite Central World.

I also thank you for the list as I was unaware of the ATM at Ocean Tower 2 near Asok.

Thanks Farangene! Very helpful to know! :)