Uk 6month Tourist Visa For Thai Wife

The agent we spoke to recommended that as we have only known each other for 9 months, we would be better gettng a tourist visa first, then when we applied for settlement visa, we will have lived together in Uk for 6 months and our case will be stronger. But obviously this means paying twice for everything including agents fees!

We really just want to be together here, and so want to be successful in whichever visa application we submit. Is it really so difficult to obtain a settlement visa?

I only knew my wife for 9 months before we applied for a settlement visa. The first one was refused because we didn't supply enough information to support a sustaining relationship. Like you we hadn't kept enough MSN logs (msn only keeps logs if you configure it to do so) or documents of my visits etc so with the next application we included statements from our respective families confirming our relationship plus anything else we could get think of (lots of pics). My advice is supply all the documents the website asks for and then at least double that amount of information. Quantity appears to impress the ECO more than quality. chok dee