Street Triple R Or Monster 1100s

bkkbaza

I know there is quite a difference in price tag on this one but what would you go for and why. Looks wise I like them both a lot, weight wise they are close, power on the triple is up on the Duc but the torque probablly makes up for that. Not sure how the air cooled engine would fair in the Bangkok trafic, I did read in previous posts that she gets pretty hot.

So what would you go for...

Street Triple R vs Ducati Monster 1100 S

I envy your purchasing problem. I'd get the triumph since the new monster looks retarded plus I think the street triple has the Daytona 675 chassis which is a real sportbike that people actually race. The monster chassis is sporty but not race worthy like the daytona. You may not go racing but it would be nice to have the better chassis. If the speed triple or duc streetfighter are in your range that would be even better or have you looked at the KTMs? The super duke is a sweet bike too. Naked bikes are awesome much more practical than faired superbikes on public streets. If you don't mind a non-exotic brand the yamaha fz1/fazer looks like a cool bike too and will be cheap to maintain. Maybe you should wait for the motor show next month in case some new bikes come into the country.

Edited by ttakata

There needs to be a rule that topics in the bike section must include pics. :)

Triumph Street Triple R

Triumph-Street-Triple-R-09-1-11-1.jpg

09_street_triple_r_2-1.jpg

Ducati Monster 1100S

thumb_2882_0.jpg

img9707_27029.jpg

I have to agree with ttkaka. If all other things were equal, the Street Triple wins on looks hands down. And he's right, the Street Triple R is a naked Datona 675, minus about 20hp. Still the 105HP should be plenty for Thailand. It looks to me like a Datona that took his it's off and is ready to go <deleted> somebody.

Some very nice options available for the Street Triple R as well. I particularly like the belly kit, radiator cowl and windscreen

2-23-20104-40-21AM.jpg

2-23-20104-37-16AM.jpg

2-23-20104-36-48AM.jpg

Add them together and you get this beauty:

1_800.jpg

2_800.jpg

2010-Triumph-Street-Triple-R-rider.jpg

I'm not a big fan of naked bikes, but it's possible I have just become one.

I may even end up liking this Street Triple R, dare I say, more than the Daytona 675!

triumph_daytona_675_se_03.jpg

I can't afford either so it doesn't matter. If I wanted to go naked, it would have be the 650cc Kawasaki ER6N for 1/3 the price of the Street Triple and 1/4 the price of the Duke.

big_0kawasaki_ER6n_2010_04.jpg

Whatever you get, enjoy! (And post pics)

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Between the Duc and the triumph its the trumpet every time..

The triple, the easier service options (no belt scene) the water cooled and... I just like the trumpets..

I do like the speed triple more tho.. Just like the added 'lump' of it but agree that might not be best in a city kind of environment..

Best go for the Street Triple.

This bike is awesome to ride. Despite only having 105bhp, it is a demon round the corners. This thing just go round like it on rails.

It also handles Bkk traffic so easy. Nipping in & out with ease.

Defo a good bike to have.

second that...triple is great.It Sounds special because it IS special....

8cat

Sure the Ducati Streetfighter is a very good looking machine, I personally looked at it several times, but it's a lot more money then the Triumph.

Agreed, those Street Triple R's are one awsome package & very pleasant on the eye too. Good luck to you bkkbaza.....u lucky baaastard. :)

Perhaps Baza's test ride at 0:21

The last bit was very interesting, but the naming of the riders who have died at this corner or that...was kind of a buzz kill.

Just did a little checking...Some Isle of Man TT Course stats: Riders killed since racing began in 1911: 229, 2 of them during parade lap. Officials killed: 6, Bystanders/Spectators killed:3. It his not uncommon to have up to 4 riders perish per race.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

I own a Street Triple R, although not in Thailand.

No pic sorry but its Graphite Grey with a black screened nose fairing, belly pan and Zard exhausts.

Best bike I have ever had, pure joy.

Great choice of bike.

Sorry its taken a while.... but here is my bike.

Cheers

Nice!

Funny that you have to have front license plates on bikes there.

Like you're going to foot paddle away from an accident? :)