Dstv Africa

Peder

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ending of the service in May is nothing more than a rumour. I have checked with my (legal) provider in China and was told that this rumour started in Thailand and there seems to be no foundation for it.

I have 2 systems (South Africa) and my provider has told me that once they stop transponding from C band to the new W7 band I'll lose

all coverage, I have also recieved a text message via my sat system telling me the same.

my system is not pirate it is a genuine box with a genuine card.

expect to recieve nothing by the 31st May

Forkinhades, I am 'sorted' thanks.

I was just trying to let some other posters referenced on a thread above realise that if they see 'terms and conditions' from satellite providers like 'Dream' or whatever saying they cannot have the service in Thailand as its outside the country, then that is not the reality as long as you are prepared to do something that is considered 'illegal' here in Thailand.

As 'illegal' subjects cannot be discussed too openly in Thai Visa - then they should realise anything that people like me say here has to be written with that in mind.

Fair enough - all sites have their rules and TV mods interpret them in a reasonable way in my opinion.

So thanks a lot Forkinhades, but I am in the process of connecting up my old True dish as an interim solution anyway.

Good Luck

This can be discussed on other forums, that are purely based on satellites, google and you will find.

I had a DREAM, that I was living in a BOX, playing a game of CARDs, and I just wanted to SHARE it with you :)

I still have DREAM - just - and a question. Whilst watching Multichoice last night they put up a message saying that the service would be terminated on 31st May. Fair enough - nothing new there.

However, they also mentioned the service being moved to another satellite/transponder ????

I did not get get the rest of the message info as it flashed off the screen...

Is that just local to Africa or something I have missed and maybe is a C-Band alternative that we can access. Any thoughts???

I too saw the message which was a little ambiguous but offered some hope. It stated they will be stopping transmission by C-band to sub Saharan Africa & switching to KU band. Not sure if this means they will still have a C band transmission directed elsewhere. I guess we wont know for sure until Tuesday.

You cannot "direct" c-band signals.

Which is why you can receive them as long as you can see the satellite! Even if the signals were not intended to be received in your area (which is the case for Multi Choice).

Ku band uses directional beams, so even if you can see the satellite, but the beam is not directed at you, you will not have reception.

Multi Choice will from June the 1st only transmit on Ku-band, with all beams directed to the African Continent, which is their only target market in any case..

You cannot "direct" c-band signals.

Which is why you can receive them as long as you can see the satellite! Even if the signals were not intended to be received in your area (which is the case for Multi Choice).

Ku band uses directional beams, so even if you can see the satellite, but the beam is not directed at you, you will not have reception.

Multi Choice will from June the 1st only transmit on Ku-band, with all beams directed to the African Continent, which is their only target market in any case..

Fair enough - I only saw the message for a couple of seconds and saw something about replacement services - I thought it may be of some use to us. It isn't - never mind... The funny thing is - the only things I will really really miss are Foyles War and and Sky News - I love the news from the UK - which you just dont get on BBC World etc...

Foyles War I can get as complete viewing set sometime. Sky News is not so easy - I would be quite happy to pay for this and will see if I can find it elsewhere...

Happy viewing...

am new to this forum i appreciate the great work you people are doing here. i experience a shut down on my card yesterday though not official card

anybody with same experience. the multichoice signal is still on my receiver.

am new to this forum i appreciate the great work you people are doing here. i experience a shut down on my card yesterday though not official card

anybody with same experience. the multichoice signal is still on my receiver.

I wouldn't bother, it'll be gone totally in a few days anyway...

It's possible the card is specifically for the c-band programming, so they might start shutting down the cards before the actual signal...

Looks like Multichoice is definitely over.

On our cable company (which had ss1 , ss2, ss3, Mnet, zone reality etc) all those channels now come up with "smart card failure".

They are slowly replacing some channels, they now have Astro Supersports and Astro Supersports 2

mine still running for now, well some channels are

just watched some 7s rugby live on S6, they moved S6 to something else, the original position had blank screen

theres no F1 thou, S1 still works although i couldnt get the s14 last weekend, and probably not the final tonight either, but they usually replay it a day or 2 later. Nevermind no NZ teams in it anyway :)

Just read this on a Sattelite forum

It might be a wind up or a case of

Where theres a will theres a way

DSTV | Multichoice Africa Satellite TV Service in China

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello dear Customers,

DStv China Satellite TV Network offer DStv Service for Expats Families who live in China.

DStv Satellite TV Platform from South Africa Multi-Choice, all DStv channels are HDTV ,main C-Band channels about 55 ,You can get C-Band Channels in China by adding a set of satellite tv devices which contain 1.8 meter satellite dish, satellite receiver and other accessories.

Dstv China can offer professional Satellite TV Installation Service for Expats who worked and stayed in china. you can get more from our website: www.DStvchina.com/bbs

Main HDTV Channels as fellows,

◆News:

CNN

BBC World

Sky News

DD NEWS

CTS

YTN

◆Finance

Bloomberg

CNBC

◆Sports:

Super Sport 1

super sport 2

super sport 3

super sport 5

super sport 6

supor sport 7

Blitz

DD Sports

ESPN

◆Movies:

Turner Classific Movie

Hallmark

MNet Serie

MNet Movies 1

MNet Action

MNet West

MNet East

MNet Starts

MNet Movie 2

◆Misc:

CCTV9

CCTV-E & F

CCTV-F

TV5 Monde Africa

Go Channel

FETV

Arirang TV

CH O

DD Bharti

DD India

◆Learning

Learn

Noor TV

Rhema TV

Travel

UTV

Zone Reality

View Asia

Zoom

National geographic Channel

Reality TV

Discovery

GOD TV

Rhema Network

K All Day

Africa Magic

Cannal+Horizon

India TV

◆Entertainment:

Travel Channel

Fashion TV

MTV

BBC Entertainment

BBC Lifestyle

DM Digital World

E! Channel

◆Children :

Cartoon Network

Disney Channel

◆Requirements:

1).be placed a 1.8 Meter dish at your balcony or terrace.

2).Facing southwest direction (ensure DStv satellite tv signal are received)

◆Equipments:

Including a 1.8 Meter Dish, a digital Decoder, Remote Controller, one C-Band LNB .

Please visit our website for more: www.DStvChina.com/bbs

PureWhere theres a will theres a way

Pure BS Soap, it is all a con.

99% of all the fake DSTV cards (gamma cards) died yesterday and all the originals only have 1/2 their services working since last night.

Ah well less than 3 days to go and it is all gone and those who have already changed are still on business as usual.

I am not sure how up to date this info is, but it is on their website today

http://www.dstvchina.com/

A 3m dish aimed at the right place should pull the signal in, but getting the cards is another matter.

The information is from this link on lyngsat and they just cut and paste to their so called dstvchina site http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/mcafricaintel10.html and as many know already it is the same one everyone here in Asia is using, and it is not all working for everyone any more.

Domain: dstvchina.com

DNS:

NS.OURHOST.COM.CN

NS1.OURHOST.COM.CN

Created: 2009-05-22 14:30:19

Expires: 2011-05-22 14:30:19

Last Modified: 2009-05-22 14:35:27

Registrant Contact:

an jiayin

an jiayin ()

chaoyangqu shibalidiannanqiao chaoyangqu shibalidiannanqiao2

beijing, beijing, cn 100023

P: +86.01087066732 F: +86.01087066732

Somehow that doesn't really look like a registration using genuine names/credentials :)

And not really much related to the real DSTV's owners, which I think is a big holding called MIH Holdings, of South Africa...

PureWhere theres a will theres a way

Pure BS Soap, it is all a con.

99% of all the fake DSTV cards (gamma cards) died yesterday and all the originals only have 1/2 their services working since last night.

Ah well less than 3 days to go and it is all gone and those who have already changed are still on business as usual.

I have DSTV in China WITHOUT A CARD and it is not a con its working well and very reliable. however as I am in BKK this week, i dont know if the signal will continue in china. However, if the signal is still being picked up by china, then China can offer to Thailand also. we have one box in Pattaya that is picking up DSTV. Tomorrow is the vinegar day. lets wait and see

Edited by nonthaburial