Proof Of Income For Extension

I currently have a extension based on marriage which expires at end of March. This was obtained using my income at the time of 40,000 baht from my job in Bangkok. I had a work permit at that time. Job ended 9 months ago. Since November I have been paying 41,000 baht into my Thai bank account. Cash comes from UK bank account via ATM. UK cash comes from flat I rent out in London.

So I have 41,000 income for Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb.

Two questions:

1. Will this be enough?

2. How do I prove the income?

Thanks

Income from abroad must be proven with a letter from your embassy confirming your income. It is your embassy that decides what they will accept as proof.

Note there is no need to receive 40,000 a month on your bank account in Thailand.

It will be whatever the UK Embassy requires to issue the letter verifying your income.

UK Embassy Scroll down the page.

LB that link's broken :)

Works for me, perhaps it's just blocked for Brits??

Here's what is says:

Proof of Income Letters

British nationals applying for a visa, or an extension of a visa, with the Thai Immigration Bureau may be asked to obtain a letter from us verifying their income. To obtain the letter you must be registered with us. We will also need to see a copy of your passport and, either bank statements for the previous 3 months, or the original evidence of your pension or income. We charge a fee of THB 2,088 for the letter, which is ready to collect from the Consular Section at 09:00 on the working day after the application is submitted to us. You can also apply for a proof of income letter by post. To apply by post you must ensure that the above documentation is included and that the total amount of pension or income you receive is clearly stated. You can only pay in the following ways;

Banker's Draft, plus THB 200 administration fee;

Postal orders payable to 'British Embassy' to be cashed at Nana Post Office, Bangkok 10110 (Please note that online postal orders are not accepted.

Return of the letter by EMS, if you apply in person or by post, costs an additional THB 100.

xxxxxxxx

Not really explicit about what they'll accept as "proof. Who knows, if you have your UK bank statements for the last three months, and your ATM receipts showing the draw down, they might accept this.

Be interesting if they do so, please let us know if you go this two-document route and if it works.

Mac, a Yank....