Cost Of Regularly Scheduled Maintainance

chivo

During warrant the fortuner costs almost next to nothing.

Every 5000 KM about 1200 THB and every 20K or so 5000, including airco cleaning

I think in my 100K I have spend a total of 50K max

Only problem is now the warranty is done, so i guess it will be double

A nice example is the timing belt, i know in Holland this is a very espensive change due to the man hours that they spend on it, whilst the part itself is almost nothing.

Consider thailand, where a man hour costs also not much, so to change a timing belt here is relatively cheap as well.

I've got a Honda Jazz that is due for a 5,000 K oil change--and this will be the first time I don't go to the dealer for service.

Approximately how much should I pay for the oil, oil filter and labor?

Also, any suggestions on what brand, grade/viscosity oil I should request?

Thanks.

Edited by up-country_sinclair

I send the truck in every 5k for oil and filter change and this is labour free. The oil and filter come to about Bt1000.

At about 30k km I put new brakes all around which cost about 4/5k. New wiper blades perhaps Bt500/1000.

I put two new tyres on at about Bt5000 each. My choice.

Tracking. I sent it in monthly or whenever if I kerb something. Bt200/300 a time.

Busted aerial was Bt700 or so.

During warrant the fortuner costs almost next to nothing.

Every 5000 KM about 1200 THB and every 20K or so 5000, including airco cleaning

I think in my 100K I have spend a total of 50K max

Only problem is now the warranty is done, so i guess it will be double

A nice example is the timing belt, i know in Holland this is a very espensive change due to the man hours that they spend on it, whilst the part itself is almost nothing.

Consider thailand, where a man hour costs also not much, so to change a timing belt here is relatively cheap as well.

during warranty 40k km service still cost 7k baht. all fluids except aircon to be replaced. in addition expect front brake pads and possibly discs at 40 k km

I d say 99k km is 60-90k baht including one set of tyres. dont know the price for 100k engine timingbelt.

When I calculate driving cost for Fortuner/Vigo 4x4auto, I say 1 baht/km pluss fuel 3 baht/km.

I would suggest that after warranty service should still be done by the dealer. Yes, it cost a little more but you will know it is done correctly and that good oil and a good oil filter are used. Some of the Chinese oil filters used are useless junk and the oil may be counterfeit. Why take a chance?

I would suggest that after warranty service should still be done by the dealer. Yes, it cost a little more but you will know it is done correctly and that good oil and a good oil filter are used. Some of the Chinese oil filters used are useless junk and the oil may be counterfeit. Why take a chance?

yepp, and another important reason to keep use dealer for service:

In LOS recalls are not common, needed improvements/repairs/replacements are done quietly without charge even after warranty is expired