Sshnas21.dll Virus

Daffy D

So yesterday Avira Anti virus started flashing virus warnings on the screen. Usually I just let it get on with itself and it sorts the problem but this time the same warning kept flashing up and would not go away.

I was busy with something and the kid was trying to grab my attention so guess I must have hit a wrong button. The Avira warning went away but the computer started to feel a little strange and I could not access the Internet anymore.

At first I thought a reboot would fix things, this usually works after the kids have been playing games, but that did not help. Next tried a System Restore, luckily had a restore point from the morning but that did not help.

Not being able to access the Internet I could not Google the sshnas21.dll virus or get any information on it.

Luckily I keep my anti virus programs pretty well up to date so did a scan with Malwarebytes and it picked up the nasty little critter and zapped it.

Once back on the Internet I updated the anti virus programs and did a bunch of full scans, including RemoveIT Pro which caught the little bugger again where it had been lurking somewhere in the depths. :)

So a lesson learned, keep your anti virus programs up to date in case you can't access the Internet for an update when you really need it.

:D