Samui's Award Winning Airport

Have you been to any UK airport before? Drop off and get out the way quickly so someone can drop off, less of hugs (park your truck in the excellent carpark if you want to do the 5 minutes byebye)] Taxis/minibuses get priority just like any other airport (although they might not be contributing)..

1km? Are you kidding? If you cant walk you probably arent fit to fly. And anyway, wait under the shelter and the bus or golf cart will pick you up, never an issue. 10m max never 25m - walk it or get someone to push your wheelchair. Lazy...

Not Lazy, just trying to keep body temperature normal carrying hand luggage 1 km. in a 40 degrees sun and if its belting rain ? Either way you are going to have a soaking shirt once on the plane uggghhhh ! Haven't you read the sign "Shuttle every 20 minutes" ? That makes for a lot of passengers banked up.

Have you been to any UK airport before? Drop off and get out the way quickly so someone can drop off, less of hugs (park your truck in the excellent carpark if you want to do the 5 minutes byebye)] Taxis/minibuses get priority just like any other airport (although they might not be contributing)..

1km? Are you kidding? If you cant walk you probably arent fit to fly. And anyway, wait under the shelter and the bus or golf cart will pick you up, never an issue. 10m max never 25m - walk it or get someone to push your wheelchair. Lazy...

Not Lazy, just trying to keep body temperature normal carrying hand luggage 1 km. in a 40 degrees sun and if its belting rain ? Either way you are going to have a soaking shirt once on the plane uggghhhh ! Haven't you read the sign "Shuttle every 20 minutes" ? That makes for a lot of passengers banked up.

This is the main point - not the distance between check in and departure gates, but the fact that you have to walk in either in the hot sun or pouring rain and that is not a good start to your trip. As for the trolleys, well as far as I can see, sometimes they are there, sometimes not. Pot luck.

Parking is not a problem and where else can you leave your car at the airport for days at a time without charge? There are many good things about the airport, but this walk from check in to the gate in the sun and rain is a legitimate groan.

This is the main point - not the distance between check in and departure gates, but the fact that you have to walk in either in the hot sun or pouring rain and that is not a good start to your trip. As for the trolleys, well as far as I can see, sometimes they are there, sometimes not. Pot luck.

Parking is not a problem and where else can you leave your car at the airport for days at a time without charge? There are many good things about the airport, but this walk from check in to the gate in the sun and rain is a legitimate groan.

OK you can leave your car for days at a time at the car park, but once you park how do you check in ? The Navy with no airline experience at all, have done a far better job at Uttaphao, 20 paces from the car park to Arrival/Departure gates

Hands down the nicest airport I've ever passed through.

I agree. This is definatelly the nicest and best airport in Samui! :D

No it's not. It's the worst and most expensive airport on Samui! :D

So, where is all this going? I like Samui airport (apart from lack of buggys), but if you don't, does anyone care either way? :)

Hands down the nicest airport I've ever passed through.

I agree. This is definatelly the nicest and best airport in Samui! :D

No it's not. It's the worst and most expensive airport on Samui! :D

So, where is all this going? I like Samui airport (apart from lack of buggys), but if you don't, does anyone care either way? :)

Suppose not! :D

There is parking,on the left before check in,and free.

:) Correct, my mistake but I wonder how many people thought like me, that this was a car park only for airport employees as it is adjacent to the office buildings ? Also why is there no sign "Public Parking" ? Duuh !

There is parking,on the left before check in,and free.

:) Correct, my mistake but I wonder how many people thought like me, that this was a car park only for airport employees as it is adjacent to the office buildings ? Also why is there no sign "Public Parking" ? Duuh !

Funny, I never thought that it was an airport employee only parking place. Firstly because of the size of the park area there would have to be a huge ratio of car ownership per employee, secondly because there is no other place to park. :D

If that's a 1k walk i'd do 10k in 14 minutes which makes me a world record holder! My parents aged 70 and 67 loved the walk and enjoyed a beer in the sports bar (that's after the 1 k walk and up oooooooooh 2 flights of stairs) if you are not in a rush the shops are good for the oldies and good for parents with kids who do not want to sit in waiting.

If that's a 1k walk i'd do 10k in 14 minutes which makes me a world record holder! My parents aged 70 and 67 loved the walk and enjoyed a beer in the sports bar (that's after the 1 k walk and up oooooooooh 2 flights of stairs) if you are not in a rush the shops are good for the oldies and good for parents with kids who do not want to sit in waiting.

unfortunately mate , there are still a few people that, despite , thei r own choice of moving half way around the world to a better all round life,

still cannot be pleased,

and refuse at all costs ,to accept that life is not just about their blinkered opinion

i can accept that i may be wrong as , for example , both , dundee and norwich have lovely airports, although it can get a bit stuffy , or humid in the norwich airport especially in july, and my auntie was charged 3 . 25 pound notes to park her austin allegro in dundee airport for a mere 30 minutes, scandalous

unfortunately mate , there are still a few people that, despite , thei r own choice of moving half way around the world to a better all round life,

still cannot be pleased,

and refuse at all costs ,to accept that life is not just about their blinkered opinion

i can accept that i may be wrong as , for example , both , dundee and norwich have lovely airports, although it can get a bit stuffy , or humid in the norwich airport especially in july, and my auntie was charged 3 . 25 pound notes to park her austin allegro in dundee airport for a mere 30 minutes, scandalous

I'm so sorry but that stuffyness was my socks forgive me i had to walk 50 metres and the air con was bust 'what can i do'! hope you had a good flight but the rust killed the allegro he went to car heaven, sad but life has many a twist and turn.