Where Can I Buy A Motorcycle Helmet

I agree with Matt don't bother with Index they're crap. At the minimum get the brand called Real. Or ask yourself how much is your head worth? My friend came off a bike with no helmet - she slid along the road on her chin. They just managed to put her jaw back together... she wasn't very pretty anymore. Full face is the way to go.

• 1 year later...

I'm about to buy a helmet, saw one full face at honda shop in Maenam for arround 2500 baht if i recall corectly. Also one PCX helmet for around 1 300 baht, not sure about these prices thou. Are any of these helmets any good? Also is OHM only place to go to look for full face helmets? Thanks guys!

Try the bike shop just after the Bophut traffic lights, on the left if heading towards Maenam. They have a decent selection in their shop which is out the back of the main shop. I'm not sure about quality, but they can help you.

I bought a "Space Crown" from there, for about 900 baht.

A helmet is a waste of money unless you have a crash, but if you have a crash then you want the best quality money can buy.......

Do not try to save a few baht when buying a helmet, if you ever find out how good your helmet is ,,,,, well it's allready paid for itself.

One night in hospital will cost more than a helmet.

I was at Ohm and they had some helmets but only one full face and it was 2 000 baht. I dont know how good it is, I think the brand was "real" they had some index helmets but were not full face and the cost was little less then 2 000 baht. I was looking everywhere but didnt find anything else then there, will check the shop at bophut traffic lights as well later.

I know I need a good helmet and Im not trying to save any money, its just that there are no full face helmets to be found anywhere on the island it seems, I would appreciate any suggestions where to look.

Thanks!

I picked up a full face helmet from Tesco. Only 400 baht or so. Fits ok. Perhaps not up to the best, but 100% better than having none at all and a lot better than the flimsy looking cap type or half face helmets.

Apart from anything else, it means that you are not distracted by wind and dust, so you can focus on the road conditions. Especially important on Samui.

Anyone who doesn't wear one is likely a fool.