3 Month Tourist Visa Australia

Ok after reading a few rescent posts im getting the impression that for a 3 month tourist visa there is no interview for the Thai lady. Can anyone confirm this because if it is the case then i feel my GF chances of getting a visa have just improved 10 fold.

Congrats to all the happy couples who have had success.

Why is it so f--n hard for them to come here when we can travel there so easily. There f--n human to for gods sake. The Australian Gov is treating them like dogs. :o

Ok after reading a few rescent posts im getting the impression that for a 3 month tourist visa there is no interview for the Thai lady. Can anyone confirm this because if it is the case then i feel my GF chances of getting a visa have just improved 10 fold.

Why is it so f--n hard for them to come here when we can travel there so easily. There f--n human to for gods sake. The Australian Gov is treating them like dogs. :o

Mate my fiancee had a 3 month tourist visa refused 12 months ago,only because she couldn't prove she had employment in thailand,they look at the risks involved with the return to Thailand along with financials.

She still had an interview from a smart ass in the Embassy that told her not to jump off a bridge as she was going out upset with the result.Just as well I wasn't there I might have ended up in a Thai jail,but thats the sort of crap we have to put up with in our own Embassy in Bangkok.

Any way there are other threads in here about Australian vistor visas,I wish you luck.

They seem to look at situation.

Obviously she will be coming and staying with you?

If so you must plan ahead.

They prefer to see proof of the relationship of at least 6 mths pref more.

Its better if she has a real job.(not bar)

And better still if she has a house.

For your proof of relationship you need dated photos,emails,phone,records,letters,western union ....the more the better and the longer the trail the better.

People do get around things by getting student visas,if you can afford the course fees...seems to be how most of the thousands of chinese get around it in aus.

At the end of the day its about the money,the wealthier you are the easier it is.

So much for egalitarian Australia.

Mate my fiancee had a 3 month tourist visa refused 12 months ago,only because she couldn't prove she had employment in thailand,they look at the risks involved with the return to Thailand along with financials.

She still had an interview from a smart ass in the Embassy that told her not to jump off a bridge as she was going out upset with the result.Just as well I wasn't there I might have ended up in a Thai jail,but thats the sort of crap we have to put up with in our own Embassy in Bangkok.

Any way there are other threads in here about Australian vistor visas,I wish you luck.

I get the feeling that application numbers have increased to such a level that they just do not have time anymore to interview for tourist visas.

Hence the employment of a Thai firm to do a lot of the paper shuffling.

However the onus is heavily on the applicant to prove beyond all doubt that

they intend to return to Thailand within the 3 month limit.

Guilty until proven innocent - Aust immigration similar to Indonesian law courts? :D

That includes proof of a job to return to. (a real job - not bar girl job)

So you need a letter from her employer saying that she holds a particular job and that she has been given permission for 3 months leave and her job will be waiting for her when she returns.

It helps if the employer can show proof of owning a legitimate business with proof of having paid wages over a period to your GF.

The GF's bank book or bank statements showing proof of a steady income to match that paid by the employer would be good.

She should also provide a letter in her own words describing when and where you met and how the relationship developed. A letter from you too would help.

Proof that you can support her and pay all expenses including airfares.

So you need to provide a stat dec, witnessed by a JP in Aust. See example I posted recently.

Then you need certified copies of a few months of your recent bank statements.

The JP can view the originals, then the photocopies and then stamp the copies and sign them as certified. This is proof of you ability to meet her expenses.

Proof that there is a real relationship.

The longer the better. Include copies of all emails, letters, proof of phone calls, copies of photos from the beginning until most recent.

I managed it with two fortnight visits to BKK. I met her the first day, stayed with her whole time for the two visits, went to see her folks upcountry, lots of proof.

I can imagine the desk jockeys at the embassy would get a lot of applications that consist of a sugar bag full of disorderly papers and photos in random order.

I made cover pages with large printing for each "chapter" with a brief description of contents of each section and put the whole lot in a neat folder.

You should get one with about 40 clear A4 envelopes to slide in the documents.

In BKK I bought the folder at 3rd floor Stationers section - Centre shopping in Silom Rd. just west of Silom Village but they should be available at any major newsagent type shop.

So it reads like a book and everything is in chronological order.

I used photocopies of photos, although originals mounted as in an album would have impressed more due to quality I guess. "They" do like originals of everything and it might even be worth submitting two folders - one with originals to be returned to you and another one with photocopies for "them" to keep.

Some of the digital photos I downloaded to my PC then "mounted" them in an MS Word document then printed the pages on a colour printer.

You can neatly include captions, descriptions typed under each photo instead of relying on messy hand printing.

Hope this helps you. It's a lot of work but the TGFs are worth it aren't they! :o

My wife got her visa for Oz without interview both times she's applied (I went by myself first time, second time, it was the new agency, but they don't interview, they just check the paperwork's filled in correctly).

However, I think it's partly down to the reason for going. Obviously, accompanying a non-Australian husband travelling to Oz for a week on business, or going for Songkran with the kids on holiday is different from someone going to visit a boyfriend in Oz - at least from the perspective of a potential overstay.

I get the feeling that application numbers have increased to such a level that they just do not have time anymore to interview for tourist visas.

Hence the employment of a Thai firm to do a lot of the paper shuffling.

However the onus is heavily on the applicant to prove beyond all doubt that

they intend to return to Thailand within the 3 month limit.

Guilty until proven innocent - Aust immigration similar to Indonesian law courts? :D

That includes proof of a job to return to. (a real job - not bar girl job)

So you need a letter from her employer saying that she holds a particular job and that she has been given permission for 3 months leave and her job will be waiting for her when she returns. 

It helps if the employer can show proof of owning a legitimate business with proof of having paid wages over a period to your GF.

The GF's bank book or bank statements showing proof of a steady income to match that paid by the employer would be good.

She should also provide a letter in her own words describing when and where you met and how the relationship developed. A letter from you too would help.

Proof that you can support her and pay all expenses including airfares.

So you need to provide a stat dec, witnessed by a JP in Aust. See example I posted recently.

Then you need certified copies of a few months of your recent bank statements.

The JP can view the originals, then the photocopies and then stamp the copies and sign them as certified. This is proof of you ability to meet her expenses.

Proof that there is a real relationship.

The longer the better. Include copies of all emails, letters, proof of phone calls, copies of photos from the beginning until most recent.

I managed it with two fortnight visits to BKK. I met her the first day, stayed with her whole time for the two visits, went to see her folks upcountry, lots of proof.

I can imagine the desk jockeys at the embassy would get a lot of applications that consist of a sugar bag full of disorderly papers and photos in random order.

I made cover pages with large printing for each "chapter" with a brief description of contents of each section and put the whole lot in a neat folder.

You should get one with about 40 clear A4 envelopes to slide in the documents.

In BKK I bought the folder at 3rd floor Stationers section - Centre shopping in Silom Rd. just west of Silom Village but they should be available at any major newsagent type shop.

So it reads like a book and everything is in chronological order.

I used photocopies of photos, although originals mounted as in an album would have impressed more due to quality I guess.  "They" do like originals of everything and it might even be worth submitting two folders - one with originals to be returned to you and another one with photocopies for "them" to keep.

Some of the digital photos I downloaded to my PC then "mounted" them in an MS Word document then printed the pages on a colour printer.

You can neatly include captions, descriptions typed under each photo instead of relying on messy hand printing.

Hope this helps you. It's a lot of work but the TGFs are worth it aren't they! :o

Mate that helps me out heaps. All the info you have given on your posts has been very detailed and i feel will really improve my gf chances of getting a 3month visa.

Ive decided to take your advise and spend a few more days on preparing the evidence than i was previously going to.

This gal is def worth the effort. :D