Stolen Chanote

The Land Title Deed a Chanote was recently stolen from my property. The police/lawyer have been informed. However thief now reported to have run away back to the UK. Believe Title Deed left in thief's house here in LOS. What steps can I take to recover my property? Pickaxe?

However thief now reported to have run away back to the UK

i mean, really, could u make this sh*t up ?

You know, you'd be surprised how many people have said that.

Now, do you have anything useful to add?

a policereport stating which Chanote stolen from where by whom would be a good start. fingerprints on who stole it could lead to a criminal case

a new Chanote can be applied for at the land office with policereport.

all to be done by registered owner in Chanote

Could take a year or two

However thief now reported to have run away back to the UK

i mean, really, could u make this sh*t up ?

You know, you'd be surprised how many people have said that.

Now, do you have anything useful to add?

a policereport stating which Chanote stolen from where by whom would be a good start. fingerprints on who stole it could lead to a criminal case

Could take a year or two

Ah well, here's the rub, how do you get fingerprints from something you can't lay your hands on? which really rather brings me back to the reason for my post. How to get it back. Legally or otherwise.

A report already filed and warrant issued. However no practical use to me whilst thief hiding in another country. Is it.

Could take a year or two

Ah well, here's the rub, how do you get fingerprints from something you can't lay your hands on? which really rather brings me back to the reason for my post. How to get it back. Legally or otherwise.

A report already filed and warrant issued. However no practical use to me whilst thief hiding in another country. Is it.

legally

no way to get it back from uk, so apply for a new

otherwise

find the thief and get it back :)

Could take a year or two

legally

otherwise

find the thief and get it back :D

Duh. Why didn't I think of that :) Okay. Anyone with a brain cell?

Could take a year or two

legally

otherwise

find the thief and get it back :)

Could take a year or two

legally

otherwise

most members with brain cells dont have experience with having Chanote "stolen". are you asking for advice on illegal activities and expect a serious answer? please read forum rules. oh, forgot you are a newbee :D:D:D

Assuming you’re a farang male how can you have had your Chanute stolen it must be in a Thai nationals name as foreigners cannot own land.

Who's done a runner to the UK?

A Thai female?

A strange story that's maybe true/maybe not as you’re not very forthcoming with your explanation.

Until you come up with more information don't expect much help from those that can add some worthwhile suggestions.

I assumed this post was written by a Thai national (probably female using an English-speaking ghost writer to post)) who broke up with a UK partner (probably male) who had bought and registered a property in the Thai partners name. After the breakup the guy (wrongly believing he owned whatever he purchased) took the chanote back to the UK with him (or maybe he just went home when his holiday ended).

We are all eagerly awaiting the full and original story

(but my little fantasy explanation was only a bit of fun, no offence intended to anyone)

Edited by sarahsbloke

Could take a year or two

legally

otherwise

most members with brain cells dont have experience with having Chanote "stolen". are you asking for advice on illegal activities and expect a serious answer? please read forum rules. oh, forgot you are a newbee :D:D:D

I assumed this post was written by a Thai national (probably female using an English-speaking ghost writer to post)) who broke up with a UK partner (probably male) who had bought and registered a property in the Thai partners name. After the breakup the guy (wrongly believing he owned whatever he purchased) took the chanote back to the UK with him (or maybe he just went home when his holiday ended).

(but my little fantasy explanation was only a bit of fun, no offence intended to anyone)

First, 'most people' aren't unconscious in the IC unit when they're robbed, secondly, you're really letting your imagination run away with you aren't you? WRONG on each and every count. Now. Again, anything useful to add, without the wild and unnecessary speculation? Prik.

The most likely explanation to a story with more to it, I am sure

Do you not know anyone with connections ( mafia) ??

Ask friends and family. They often know someone who knows someone.

Give them some cash and I can well see your Chanote being delivered back to you.

Illegal? Yes and No. Depends on who re-acquires your Chanote back and under what circumstances :)

Or do it the legal way. Get a lawyer, pay him and if he is good he will sort it through the legal system.

As stated, just go to the Amphor office and get a new one. The Chanot held by the owner is just a copy anyway!

Correct, just go to the Land Office where the chanote was issued, if you are indeed the rightful owner of said chanote then they will issue you with another copy.

You've already gotten the answer, and more than once I might add. What part of apply for new chanote are you not understanding? It would also help everyone if you explained exactly who stole the chanote and what is the relationship between you and the "thief".

If you're a farang there's pretty much nothing you can do. The Land office won't give you anything unless, perhaps, you have your name on the back of the chanote as a lessee (as in 30 year lease, etc.). although they certainly won't give you another chanote if you aren't the registered owner.

It sounds like you and your lady parted ways after you purchased land in her name and she doesn't want to give you any part of it and if you signed that paper that says the money used to purchase the land was hers then again, no recourse. If you're married then you do have some recourse (if you can find an honest lawyer= oxymoron).......and if you're Thai (which I highly doubt), you most probably wouldn't be asking any questions on this forum, and looking over your post and responses it appears (to me) you're not Thai..........it may take awhile to get over it, I did.....not all Thai girls/women are created equal and it looks like you got/had a lemon.

Edited by JRinger

If you're a farang there's pretty much nothing you can do. The Land office won't give you anything unless, perhaps, you have your name on the back of the chanote as a lessee (as in 30 year lease, etc.). although they certainly won't give you another chanote if you aren't the registered owner.

It sounds like you and your lady parted ways after you purchased land in her name and she doesn't want to give you any part of it and if you signed that paper that says the money used to purchase the land was hers then again, no recourse. If you're married then you do have some recourse (if you can find an honest lawyer= oxymoron).......and if you're Thai (which I highly doubt), you most probably wouldn't be asking any questions on this forum, and looking over your post and responses it appears (to me) you're not Thai..........it may take awhile to get over it, I did.....not all Thai girls/women are created equal and it looks like you got/had a lemon.

a registered lessee is not entitled to have a new Chanote issued. only the owner is. if owner is a co ltd, it will be investigated before issuing new chanote

a registered lessee is not entitled to have a new Chanote issued. only the owner is. if owner is a co ltd, it will be investigated before issuing new chanote

maybe you should re-read my response.

The land office might give you a copy (not original) if your name is on the back, (they did for me) "although they certainly won't give you another chanote if you aren't the registered owner". and for the other poster who said the Chanote the land owner has is a copy, it most certainly is not. There are two 'original' Chanotes and both have to be stamped and signed.

and for the other poster who said the Chanote the land owner has is a copy, it most certainly is not. There are two 'original' Chanotes and both have to be stamped and signed.
IT IS stamped and signed BUT still a copy! The buck stops at the Amphur Land Office. If the land owner was to mortgage their property the transaction is recorded on both copies with the bank retaining the owners copy. At the end of the day it is still just a copy and can be replaced if lost. The Land office Chanote is the beginning to end all!

and for the other poster who said the Chanote the land owner has is a copy, it most certainly is not. There are two 'original' Chanotes and both have to be stamped and signed.
IT IS stamped and signed BUT still a copy! The buck stops at the Amphur Land Office. If the land owner was to mortgage their property the transaction is recorded on both copies with the bank retaining the owners copy. At the end of the day it is still just a copy and can be replaced if lost. The Land office Chanote is the beginning to end all!

at a bankrupsy or court order the owners chanote will still look clear, while the chanote in land office has the bankrupsy or court order written on the backside.

If it's "just a copy", why would one need a police report to get it replaced?

If you lost "a copy" of your passport would it matter? no, easy enough to get another "copy".

"a copy" is usually made on a copy machine, both Chanotes have a Red Garuda at the top (green if NorSorSam), original signature(s) and original stamps, same as the one at the land office with the same yellowish and much thicker than paper and "a copy" is pretty much useless in the courts because "a copy" can be altered, that's why there are two of them.,.

Maybe the word "copy" has different meanings to different people. The Land office Chanote is to verify the one the land owner possesses, they are both "originals" and not copies, clones maybe a better word. Any transactions with the land are recorded by the land office on both, not on one and then copied.

They both require signatures from the Ni Amphur, each stamped and each one individually signed....(hardly the same as a signed "copy" of your passport)

Edited by JRinger

If you lost "a copy" of your passport would it matter? no, easy enough to get another "copy".

"a copy" is usually made on a copy machine, both Chanotes have a Red Garuda at the top (green if NorSorSam), original signature(s) and original stamps, same as the one at the land office with the same yellowish and much thicker than paper and "a copy" is pretty much useless in the courts because "a copy" can be altered, that's why there are two of them.,.

Maybe the word "copy" has different meanings to different people. The Land office Chanote is to verify the one the land owner possesses, they are both "originals" and not copies, clones maybe a better word. Any transactions with the land are recorded by the land office on both, not on one and then copied.

They both require signatures from the Ni Amphur, each stamped and each one individually signed....(hardly the same as a signed "copy" of your passport)

I think you are confusing the word "Copy" with "Photocopy". A copy of something, doesn't only mean a photocopy.

I think you are confusing the word "Copy" with "Photocopy". A copy of something, doesn't only mean a photocopy.

ok, just for exercise, what would you call a "copy" of your passport? I think you are confusing the word copy with duplicate.

ok, just for exercise, what would you call a "copy" of your passport? I think you are confusing the word copy with duplicate.

I'd call a "copy" of my passport a "fake".

I'd call a white piece of paper with laser printing of my passport on it a "photocopy"

If i signed a contract with someone, they may have one "copy", and i have the other "copy". Both have pen and ink signatures on them, and neither came out of a photocopier.

Edited by dave111223

picky, picky, picky.....six of one and half dozen of the other......

when's the last time Immigration asked you for a "fake" ?? They always ask me for a "copy" of my passport and have never specified "laser copy" and I believe the signature qualifies a document as either being original or a "copy" even if the entire paper is "copied".

Edited by Tomissan

picky, picky, picky.....six of one and half dozen of the other......

when's the last time Immigration asked you for a "fake" ?? They always ask me for a "copy" of my passport and have never specified "laser copy".

They ask me for a "coppee", just because they cannot speak English correctly does that mean that i also should start to speak pidgin English?

Next time I go to pick up a copy of the latest bestseller, or need a key copied should I try to find a Xerox machine?

Edited by dave111223