What Would You Advise.

Mosha

The husband of one of my wifes friends has used my wife to lie for him. He told my wife he would be playing cards at a house where my wife was going and would she tell his wife. So my wife spoke with her and assured her it was all ok. Well he went off with his Mia noi instead, and now my wife feels bad about (inadvertantly) lieing to her. Ha stis man decided to use my wife in his schemes I've suggested she tells her friend. Her friend knows about the Mia Noi, (Iignoring the cards issue. This is the sticks, there is nothing else for them to do.) Should my wife pay him back for using her?

tell your wife that if he asked her to lie for him again, that she will not cover for him. dont get involved, ive seen these things get real ugly before in the past. leave it up to them to sort it out. if its out in the sticks and in a small moo ban, then sooner or later the gossip mongers will be talking about it anyway.

Back in the wonder years, a husband of one of my wife's friends came to stay with us in the city. We took him out drinking, and playing pool, I even paid for the lady drinks he craftily added onto my tab while chatting up a bar girl (incidentally, this guy was a newly recruited policieman at the time...). I took my wife along cause in those days I didn't speak Thai, but normally she wouldn't be go to to those sort of places.

When the new police rookie got back to the village he started bad-mouthing my wife and saying she was a bad girl hanging out in bars and smoking...minor stuff but she was the daughter of the (then) puyaai barn and she took both the slur and the betrayal very bad.

What I did was made sure he got the message that he wasn't welcome at my house anymore, and that I didn't want to know him when I came up to the village. He kept himself scarce for five or six years, and when I did finally see him again (when his own wife was having a kid), he was very shame-faced.

The point of the story is - either this guy who stitched up your wife is a farang, in which case have a word in his ear yourself, or he's ta thai, in which case make it known through your wife or other contacts he'd better get his ass round to apologise or stay away from the both of you.

Edited by dobadoy

The guy's wife is a friend, that's the problem. My wife doesn't want her to think my wife was covering for him. Anyway I'll leave it up to my wife. She's not the forgive and forget type for things like this.

tell your wife that if he asked her to lie for him again, that she will not cover for him. dont get involved, ive seen these things get real ugly before in the past. leave it up to them to sort it out. if its out in the sticks and in a small moo ban, then sooner or later the gossip mongers will be talking about it anyway.

Agree with tigerfish, next time no cover up.

Except if he pay enough :)