Internet Very Strange Today

Gonzo the Face

In addition to the Internet being super slow today, I keep getting things like "the connection you request cannot be connected" or like the home page of TV will come up [eventually] but then clicking of CM forum is a no go..... just white out...

Any one else having problems or is it just me today.

Probably Thaksins fault , for sucking up so much energy to sms from Russia....

Or maybe its just another TOT Moment.

G

Here is an example......

in posting the above,,,,, this is the message that popped up rather than returning me to the forum

"The webpage "www.thaivisa.com" cannot be foundDNS error occurred. Server cannot be found. The link may be broken."

Strange stuff like this didn't happen before.

Its not only TV ,,,,, other sites too...

G

Yes, it is very slow and strange. I have 3BB and impossible to download. It starts at 45 and drops to 10 kbs immediately before it stops after a few minutes. I have 4G! I can do absolutely nothing.

3BB started with HD-TV on the very same cable we have internet with. I think we will go back to the speeds from a while ago......= zero speed.

I was at the AIS office yesterday and complaining about lo speed 3g

After awhile having my router there a technician calls from BKK and says now ok fault was in my profile only taking edge so now it works again.

I'm in Bangkok and this is the first day in weeks I'm not having any problems like the ones you've mentioned. That may be because the Mrs. complained last night, it is just like the pattern I was having in Phuket that finally netted someone from within pirating my Internet connection mostly on weekends for a local net cafe to increase their accessibility..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I think the storm yesterday may have upset something in the local net, it certainly cut the electricity in Mae-Jo for a while yesterday, and Mae-Rim seemed to be having voltage-problems this afternoon. It was quite fierce for a while.

Internet sucks since yesterday evening!

Lets face it, it has sucked here always, but is definitely sucking more than normal. It'll never be right... sure, speeds will improve, but the consistency never will. :)

For the guy with the DNS error, try using Goggggle's 8.8.8.8 with Open DNS as alt.

Only 1mb out of the normal 5mb :D

3BB. They are laying a lot of new cables in our area - 3 BB men driving 3TT vehicle :D

If you care to read the thread I just posted it might explain a few things....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Triple-Broadband-t352087.html

Triple T were here today, and connected me to the new line they installed a few days ago. My speed has doubled :)

Here is an example......

in posting the above,,,,, this is the message that popped up rather than returning me to the forum

"The webpage "www.thaivisa.com" cannot be foundDNS error occurred. Server cannot be found. The link may be broken."

Strange stuff like this didn't happen before.

Its not only TV ,,,,, other sites too...

G

I have been experiencing exactly the same problems over the last 3 days. ISP - 3bb.

Sometimes ThaiVisa downloads as a mish mash of text and many of my downloads just hang or time out completely or as described by Gonzo above.

Only 1mb out of the normal 5mb :D

3BB. They are laying a lot of new cables in our area - 3 BB men driving 3TT vehicle :D

If you care to read the thread I just posted it might explain a few things....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Triple-Broadband-t352087.html

Triple T were here today, and connected me to the new line they installed a few days ago. My speed has doubled :)

You're lucky MM. My new little jack is still sitting here on my desk with "3BB" written in red on it. But the call from the company as to when to switch from the old to the new has not come.

I'm with 3bb and my connection to the DNS server is dropping about a dozen times a day for up to 5 minutes. It's hugely frustrating when trying to view web pages or work with interactive sites such as Facebook or Flickr. I certainly wouldn't want to be booking any flights on it at present!

I'm with 3bb and my connection to the DNS server is dropping about a dozen times a day for up to 5 minutes. It's hugely frustrating when trying to view web pages or work with interactive sites such as Facebook or Flickr. I certainly wouldn't want to be booking any flights on it at present!

Worse than that, I went to the train station to buy some tickets today. Sign on the ticket window said "Sorry computer not working". When I asked what was going on the guy at the ticket window said "sorry Internet not working. Can't sell tickets for another 4 hours." You should have seen the look on some of the people's faces there who went to buy tickets! No ticket sales for 4 hours??? What about the people who were trying to travel at that moment?

3BB came and changed our connection today. This involved rewiring and switching off the old connection (3hrs or so) then switching on the new.

The new one is cr_p

They have until tomorrow to get it back to normal and then I start complaining. :)

By the way does anyone know how to connect a cable modem with a linksys router (this is plan :D to get more use from my True connection.

The computer won't connect to the net using the router even if I change the IP address of the router. I have the same set up on my 3BB connection which works fine - but its not cable.

3BB came and changed our connection today. This involved rewiring and switching off the old connection (3hrs or so) then switching on the new.

The new one is cr_p

They have left my old line still connected, which is just as well as their mail server will not respond on the new line. Also the initial speed, which was brilliant is now back to it's dismal crawl :)

The new one is cr_p

They have until tomorrow to get it back to normal and then I start complaining. :D

By the way does anyone know how to connect a cable modem with a linksys router (this is plan :D to get more use from my True connection.

The computer won't connect to the net using the router even if I change the IP address of the router. I have the same set up on my 3BB connection which works fine - but its not cable.

After getting only 2-3mb after the rewiring session; decided a call to 3bb was in order to complain that speed had disappeared.

There is obviously a little man in a dark room with a switch somewhere that can give out speed as now we are up to 6mb. :)

It seems a quick call to 1530 can work wonders and they now have a local section in that they refer you to Chiang Mai service centre when they take the call, so hopefully a good sign.

Edited by cmsally

Boy, today is about the strangest yet. all kind of server pop-ups, sometimes right in the middle of going from one thread to another within TV ..... and slow to nothing....

Got to the point where I thought I had a virus slip in and ran through an entire check but no....

Dont know , maybe a ghost

even had one thing pop up that looked an advert for Detac.... something about a ghost finder and a creepy green looking screen, but it looked like an advert in thai.....

maybe better luck tomorrow

G