Tax Treaty Implications ?

This is just a guess, but I would think that the terms of the treaty (and what it means for you) would vary depending on which country you are from.

For me, it basically means that I am not expected to pay income tax in 2 countries at the same time (tax on the same income), for the first 2 years of employment in Thailand. I pay tax in Thailand, may have to pay tax in my home country (depending on my income), and can attempt to apply for a refund for the tax paid in Thailand. It seems to be a fairly complicated process. My employer provides a legal advisor to work out the details because it apparently is too difficult for employees to pursue on our own. Some friends of mine hire lawyers to try to get the refund. From what I've heard, it's difficult and not black and white. Not everyone gets the money back.

Now I am not claiming to be an expert in this by any means. This is just what I have experienced/heard so far. I have no idea if countries "exchange" tax data. Good luck!

depending where you're from but if you're from europe you shouldn't worry , europe barely starts to exchange data each other, and thailand will not send the date exept if it's requested by your country(if they suspect something) and even if they do, if the tax agreement specify you don't have to pay tax in your home country, then it's really a minor offence.

of course if you don't have anything to hide, declare your income in your home country and everything will be fine.