Any London Guy Living Here?

Bkung

1 From where to where?

2 What are the items?

3 What exactly are they asking for & why?

Got zero from G-maps for their address, very strange!

A Malaysian company?

The UK post code should take you to their front door!

Contact the British police.

E7 0LW London UK

post-53559-1270511228_thumb.jpg

Edited by GungaDin

I just looked into this company and I would worry. The address they use doesn't exist. I can't find a Merchant Rd anywhere in the UK. The post code is for an area near where they claim to be, but it's all residential. I googled the phone number and it brings up a few similar companies including one called Marchant, but when you go into the page it is spellt Merchant. Obviously not a professional company. I also did a search on their customer testimonials which turned out to be copied from a company at a different location. I don't know where you are, but I would consider speaking to the police if in the UK.

I just looked into this company and I would worry. The address they use doesn't exist. I can't find a Merchant Rd anywhere in the UK. The post code is for an area near where they claim to be, but it's all residential. I googled the phone number and it brings up a few similar companies including one called Marchant, but when you go into the page it is spellt Merchant. Obviously not a professional company. I also did a search on their customer testimonials which turned out to be copied from a company at a different location. I don't know where you are, but I would consider speaking to the police if in the UK.

In fact just go to the police. If you warn them, they will disappear.

British Cargo Security Express

105 Merchant Road, Forest Gate, Upton

London United kingdom E7 0LW

That's a bogus address, the postcode is Godwin Road or Tylnely Road and Upton is Upton Park which is another area (albeit very close) and not in Forest Gate and there's no Merchant Road near here.

There are a couple of garages but mainly it's all residential here, if you do get a phone number or a correct address and it's still in Forest Gate let me know and I'll go round there for you.

Edit; just checked their website and they reckon they've got 12,000 sq feet of warehousing, unless they've got an underground bat-cave that's total <deleted>, nothing like that in Forest Gate

Edited by bifftastic

in fact, the post code is also for my local pub, the Forest Gate Hotel!

For what it's worth, here's a couple of links for you http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/newham/

http://cms.met.police.uk/met/boroughs/newham/index

Forest Gate police station is just down the road, not sure if they'll be able to track them down seeing as the address is bogus but it might help.

Edited by bifftastic

British Cargo Security Express

105 Merchant Road, Forest Gate, Upton

London United kingdom E7 0LW

That's a bogus address, the postcode is Godwin Road or Tylnely Road and Upton is Upton Park which is another area (albeit very close) and not in Forest Gate and there's no Merchant Road near here.

There are a couple of garages but mainly it's all residential here, if you do get a phone number or a correct address and it's still in Forest Gate let me know and I'll go round there for you.

Edit; just checked their website and they reckon they've got 12,000 sq feet of warehousing, unless they've got an underground bat-cave that's total <deleted>, nothing like that in Forest Gate

^^^^ :)

Biff, aren't UK postcodes supposed to have 6 alpha numericals, It appears that the 1st part of the postcode is missing a letter or number?

That's a bit of luck, you living in the same area. :D

The local post office may have a re-direction order for that address.....

Edited by GungaDin

Biff, aren't UK postcodes supposed to have 6 alpha numericals, It appears that the 1st part of the postcode is missing a letter or number?

That's a bit of luck, you living in the same area. :)

Not necessarily. Inner London ones often have 5. I used to live in W2 so that was 5 with the rest of it.

My user id is a previous postcode from where I lived as a kid.

There are telephone numbers on the website, and a fax number. The phone numbers are for mobiles. Perhaps the police could trace an address for the fax number but don't expect the British police to be that helpful, they have to respect the scammer's civil and human rights and fill in an untold amount of paperwork to justify tracing the fax number.

Make a note of these details while the website is still working.

Are you sending to the UK? You could give the number act like you are not aware of their scam, tell them the receiver will come to the head office in the UK. See what their response is.

How did you give the company your valuables? Did you meet them in person or post? If so I would email again pretending to be someone new and arrange to meet if possible, what you do then is up to you.

It's a sad reality that there are so many scams like this on the internet these days, you really need to be so careful.

If someone has set up a bogus firm to defraud people of their valuables, the police will act. Tell them the details and you won't have to do any more. They have access to info on the phone numbers. They don't need to share it with you. They would likely arrange a pickup, then detain whoever turns up to assist with enquiries.

Don't need to do any more detective work or anything that might tip them off. In fact avoid contact with them. Let the police handle it.

That's a bit of luck, you living in the same area. :D

Not necessarily. Inner London ones often have 5. I used to live in W2 so that was 5 with the rest of it.

My user id is a previous postcode from where I lived as a kid.

yeah that's right, London postcodes start with a letter denoting East, West, North, South etc. some have two letters like SE (South East) but they can have 1 or 2 numbers following that.

I was shocked to see the postcode! It's definitely for the local pub so I reckon they must know the area.

Get in touch with the police but, as someone else has said, don't expect them to jump through hoops, not necessarily because they have to respect the rights of those who have ripped you off but because they are fairly busy stopping people from killing each other and robbing everything that isn't nailed down (the latter is a tradition in these parts!)

Having said that, it sounds like these people have gone to some considerable effort to run this scam so if you get in touch with the right people you may hook a detective who's interested, then you're in with a shout.

Don't let the sub-contracted civilian who picks the phone up put you off, you want to talk to someone in CID. Have the whole story written down, with dates, contact you've had with this 'company' any names they've given you, details of any money transfers or cheques. Get the persons name and rank then give them a few days then call them back for an update.

Oh, and try not to send the old bill round my local boozer? Landlord won't be happy with me! :)

^^^^ :):D :D

Here's a bit more info:

Domain: britcarse.com

DNS:

ns5.xantec.com.my

ns6.xantec.com.my

Created: 2009-12-21 15:35:09

Expires: 2010-12-21 15:35:09

Last Modified: 2009-12-21 15:35:08

Registrant Contact:

[email protected]

malin shan ([email protected])

[email protected]

Malaysia, Malaysia, my 10000

P: +07.3523651 F: +0.0

Administrative Contact:

[email protected]

[email protected]

Technical Contact:

XANTEC ESOLUTIONS

KENNETH NG ([email protected])

17-02 JALAN AUSTIN PERDANA 2/22 TAMAN AUSTIN PERDANA

JOHOR BAHRU, JOHOR, my 81100

P: +607.3523651 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +607.3523651 end_of_the_skype_highlighting F: +607.3587651

Billing Contact:

[email protected]

[email protected]

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited

Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited

Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

See Underlying Registry Data

1 From where to where?

2 What are the items?

A Malaysian company?

E7 0LW London UK

Right on Wanstead Flats then, where i used to play Football for the School...

1 From where to where?

2 What are the items?

A Malaysian company?

E7 0LW London UK

just a bit further down from the flats, on godwin road. The bat cave reference was trying to point out that if they had 12,000 square feet in godwin road it would need to be underground!

1 From where to where?

2 What are the items?

A Malaysian company?

E7 0LW London UK

just a bit further down from the flats, on godwin road. The bat cave reference was trying to point out that if they had 12,000 square feet in godwin road it would need to be underground!

Capel Road was on the Google Earth Picture someone posted & is where i used to play, could even possibly see the Changing Rooms on that picture too i thought..

I too can;t recall anywhere close to a possible place for having 12,000 sqf of Warehousing Space..

Capel Road was on the Google Earth Picture someone posted & is where i used to play, could even possibly see the Changing Rooms on that picture too i thought..

I too can;t recall anywhere close to a possible place for having 12,000 sqf of Warehousing Space..

I live on Capel Road :) people still play on 'the flats' every Saturday and Sunday, my road is very busy on those days, all the cars parked up and all the teams, not sure where they get changed, the small building near Capel Road is, I think, something to do with the water company? There was some major construction there a year or so ago, they dug up a big part of it and laid some large pipes under the bit nearest the road, The Golden Fleece pub does a lot of trade on the back of the football :D quite a tradition that, football on Wanstead Flats :D

The only businesses are small garages under the railway arches further south towards the Romford Road, I think they either picked the post code at random or found the pub (The Forest Gate Hotel) on the internet and nicked it from there