Moving To Thailand

nigeguns

My girlfriend has landed a job at a school in Min Buri, Bangkok. However i am a PADI Dive Instructor and i dont know travelling distances to decent dive shops, decent places to live for 15k etc. We are moving out at the end of July.

Can somebody please answer the following questions;

1. Is Min Buri a nice place to work? We are not looking for a busy place to live, preferably somewhere on the coast that has space and is peaceful?

2. We were thinking of living in Bang Suan (Chon Buri), Bang Sai (Chon Buri), Bang Pakong.... Any suggestions or advice?

3. Should we keep looking for different schools or is there a solution for our dilema?

4. Does anybody know of schoolsnear the coast that are recruiting British Teachers?

all advice keenly sought.

Cheers guys

Wow. No offense, but I think you need to look at a map. Minburi is nowhere near the coast. It is definitely peaceful, though, with lots of trees and space. I can't imagine wanting to commute from Chonburi to Minburi every day, but I guess it depends on how much time you're willing to spend in the car.

Chonburi has beaches ofcourse but no foreigners overthere so forget about the need for a foreign padi instructor.The nearest place you have a chance to find a job is pattaya or MAYBE huahin.Both are too far for daily commuting and from the other side in Chonburi you might be able to survive at 15000 baht a month however that means really no luxury at all,the other places I mentioned you will need to double that budget.

Chonburi has beaches ofcourse but no foreigners overthere so forget about the need for a foreign padi instructor.

You seem to forget Pattaya is in Chonburi province............

However it is still a long way from Minburi.

I think the OP and his girlfriend need to rethink their plans and location...................... :)

Chonburi has beaches ofcourse but no foreigners overthere so forget about the need for a foreign padi instructor.

I think the OP and his girlfriend need to rethink their plans and location...................... :)

The last time I was in Minburi was 20 years ago, but one thing stayed in my mind about the place is that it`s miles and miles from anywhere.

I can remember it took hours to travel into the main Bangkok.

Good advice given from the posters above.

I had more in mind Chonburi city.

The last time I was in Minburi was 20 years ago, but one thing stayed in my mind about the place is that it`s miles and miles from anywhere.

I think that either the roads have significantly improved over 20 years, or your memory is exaggerating. :D It does not take hours to get from Minburi to downtown Bangkok. Minburi is just past Bangkapi.

I've lived in Minburi for 9 years now, It does not take hours to travel into Bangkok. If you take the tollway, downtown is less than an hour away.

Thanks guys,

I did realise that it was a fair drive away but google maps had Bang Suan an hour drive from Min Buri and the same to Pattaya. I really just needed reassaurance that it is not really a possibility.

Does anybody have info on schools apart from GIS and Reps in the Rayong area (websites or E-mails preferable)?

Cheers