One Way London Bangkok

Does anyone have a good price for Heathrow-Bangkok, flying with Thai airlines?

Thanks in advance!

Dont know about Thai airlines but you will find one way is almost as expensive as return. I nearly always use Biman Bangledesh airline. I normally five hundred and fourty quid return with open ended ticket for 1 year.

Just booked a Return yesterday with Thai Airlines, London-Bangkok, stupid price, Departing July 10th 636.00 GBP, These bloody school holidays, why do airlines in the UK and holiday firms just rip people off this time of year, also they charged me 400.00 GBP for a 3 year old child.

Not quite what you are looking for but just got in latest offer from the boys and girls at w/e on this deal.

Now that Thai confirm (long chat yesterday)that us low life will no longer get AIRMILES from yesterday 1st June...energy saving maybe???? on ticks W-V I am again looking at alternative routes for my 3 time a year r/t trips :o for the next 20 years or so and looks like EVA are doing well.

(letter in post to Khun k.A.President T.G.so will await response.)

anyway from 15th sept... :D

Dear (me)

WESTEAST EXCLUSIVE OFFER

"£888" to Bangkok Return on EVA Air's New Business Class

This month we have teamed up with EVA Air and the Blue Elephant to offer you something extra special.

To celebrate the launch of EVA Air's new Boeing 777-300ER in September, we are inviting you to experience the splendour of their newly upgraded business class - Premium Laurel Class.

Travel from the 15th September 2005 for only £888 return including taxes on EVA Air's Premium Laurel Class to Bangkok and only from £1250 to Australia! For each ticket purchased on these amazing fares, you will also receive a voucher entitling you to 10% off your total bill at the Blue Elephant London where you can tantalise your taste buds with the renowned Royal Thai Cuisine !!!

This is a limited offer so CALL NOW quoting "888"

The Premium Laurel Class cabin is an elegant environment offering exclusive advantages. Seating is just six abreast (in a 2-2-2 arrangement) and each seat has a generous pitch of 61 inches and adjustment of the seatback angle, legrest angle and footrest are all at a touch of a button. The seats recline to 170°, virtually making them lie flat beds with separate seat dividers for privacy.

The cabin boasts the worlds most advanced in-flight entertainment system with each passenger having a personal 10.4-inch colour screen and professional quality noise-cancellation headphones for maximum enjoyment of the extensive audio/video on demand entertainment library on offer.

BLUE ELEPHANT LONDON

3-6 Fulham Broadway

London

SW6 1AA

Walking in to a Blue Elephant restaurant dazzles the senses. It is a world of lush plants and trickling fountains. The scent of tropical flowers mingles with the heady aroma of exotic herbs and spices flown in fresh from the Far East.

For each Evergreen Deluxe or Premium Laurel Class ticket purchased between the 1st-30th June 2005, a voucher will be issued which will entitle you to a discount of 10% off your total bill at this magnificent restaurant.

For further details on all our offers visit www.westeasttravel.com or call us on 0870 220 1001

Yours truly,

© 2005 WestEast Travel Limited. All rights reserved.

Thai International 368 quid in june with airline network.
Westeast travel Hammersmith In JUNE 310.00 quid RETURN, Thai airways,

That's because the school holidays start in JULY.

Just booked a Return yesterday with Thai Airlines, London-Bangkok, stupid price, Departing July 10th 636.00 GBP, These bloody school holidays, why do airlines in the UK and holiday firms just rip people off this time of year, also they charged me 400.00 GBP for a 3 year old child.

And if you think it's bad that your 3 year old is paying full child fare (but full adult tax - and that's down to the British government, not the airline), just wait until he's 13 and classed as an adult.

As for airlines ripping people off in school holidays - it's because they're not flying any additional planes. There's the same number of seats as the month before the school holidays, just a lot more people want to travel. (and in the UK nowadays, schools complain if you take a holiday during the school year. I remember when I was a kid, we took a two week holiday, and the teachers simply gave us some homework, which we did on the last day. Got back and the teacher hadn't got as far as expected, so we were actually ahead of the rest of the class).

Edited by bkk_mike

Rin,

Had a look at Eva and am considering them also for my regular jaunts to LOS. However, I noticed that you have to accrue 140,000 miles to entitle you to a round trip from London to Bangkok.

Thai only require 65,000. Does it not work cheaper to pay a little extra with Thai and accumulate the required miles quicker? Just a thought.

Thai only require 65,000. Does it not work cheaper to pay a little extra with Thai and accumulate the required miles quicker? Just a thought.

At the moment, Thai only require 52,000 miles for a free return (+4,750 baht for tax), but you have to return by 15th August for that special offer.

However, on the downside, you stopped getting miles on some of the discounted tickets as of yesterday I believe.

Edited by bkk_mike

Taking my last free flight with Thai in August, 65,000 Miles London-Bangkok return, have to pay the dreaded 65.00 Airport tax, i am taking this free flight in August as they are expensive, so what i have paid for the Mrs and the two children, 1700 GBP, taking my free flight into acount it has really cost me a 1020 GBP, thats one way of looking at it and it does not sound to bad then.

1020.00 GBP- 4 X 4 passngers = 255.00 Each,

makes me feel a bit better not bitter.

Booked my flight yesterday from the UK, the thaiairways staff in London took 65,000 miles off my gold card, checked it now on line, maybe it is 52,000 if booking from Bangkok ?.

Booked my flight yesterday from the UK, the thaiairways staff in London took 65,000 miles off my gold card, checked it now on line, maybe it is 52,000 if booking from Bangkok ?.

You have to fly by August 15th, and it has to be Thai 3-digit flights.

And I booked one last week, for 52,000 points. It was announced in the February or March Thai Royal Orchid newsletter.

I normally fly from manchester but i always use these two sites for my flights, check one against the other.

http://www.ebookers.com/

http://www.lastminute.com/

It can make a difference on what day of the week you travel, and what month.

Just paid £500 return from manchester to bangkok, paid a bit more to fly with emirates i think they are worth the extra £20.

Hope this helps

Rin,

Had a look at Eva and am considering them also for my regular jaunts to LOS. However, I noticed that you have to accrue 140,000 miles to entitle you to a round trip from London to Bangkok.

Jack....terrible thought and goes against my principals but Yes you gotta a point.

We are looking ahead to the time when the new Suwanna Int Airport is up and running and the one thing that I still get a kick out of is using the Airlines Lounges :D ...wherever London-Glasgow-Stanstead-Amsterdam-H.K.etc and recon the new ROCIs in the new airport should be good ones,hence my preferences for TG but mai peng price :D

The other good thing about Su Wan is that with us being in Sam Prak we recon if we get picked up with one of wifies mates (Shoemaker---ra wang.)then we are back at the ranch in about 15 minutes. :D

Also with the new Chiang Mai International Airport proposed for the San Kam Peng Road Kilo-20 after the Cheval Factory...again only 15 minutes to the hoose (if ever built :o )so looks pos.

Gonna try and squeeze in a quick flight/visit in to see me old aunt/uncle in Sydney,Auz around October so with a bit of luck and the right price should also be able to keep the miles up. :D