The Ashes

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will I be able to watch the much anticipated English victory over the aged Aussies On Thai cable TV? If so do you know of any places in BKK and CM that are likely to be showing it?

In CM the U.N. Irish pub in Ratchadamnoen Rd will be showing it.

If the poms win, I'll buy you a beer. :o

The aged Aussies are in for a real beating. 3-0 to England!

Do they have an under 30s side? They're going to need some real help.

This summer will see the end of an era.

McGrath is a one horse attack and he struggles to hit 85mph these days.

Fat drug cheat can't turn it any more.

The Puerto Rican pimp is a joke bowler at best.

Australia are really no threat.

Edited by ProfessorFart

and at their worst they are still capable of thrashing the Poms.... :o

Pro Fart...

Most of the England team wouldnt even make into a state team in Australia.....

England loses at everything, all the time......

Pick sport that England doesn't have to face Australia, and u may win something.....and make the most of the Rugby World Cup, u wont do that again...

Pro Fart...

Most of the England team wouldnt even make into a state team in Australia.....

England loses at everything, all the time......

Pick sport that England doesn't have to face Australia, and u may win something.....and make the most of the Rugby World Cup, u wont do that again...

The Aussies will follow in Tszyu's footsteps and eat English leather.

your warm up series really prepared you, but I think the Khon Kaen school boys side would've been stronger

:D:o:D:D

perpare for a loss farty cause this is the real deal not a russian import representing us.

AHHH Pro fart....its a "5" test series, not 3.......I hope ur team turns up for the last 2 matches......it wouldnt be the same only beating England 3 nil, its much more fun watching a "5" nil white wash of the poms....

Its going to be close thats for sure but I don't think Australia have the firepower witht he ball anymore. If England can bowl well then its going ot be an interesting summer.

Who can't bowl in the Aussie team?..Lee,Gillespie,Warn... and the other bloke who's name starts with K that I can't spell...

You blokes have got Harminson, but who else?

Its going to be close thats for sure but I don't think Australia have the firepower witht he ball anymore. If England can bowl well then its going ot be an interesting summer.

Who can't bowl in the Aussie team?..Lee,Gillespie,Warn... and the other bloke who's name starts with K that I can't spell...

You blokes have got Harminson, but who else?

They have Professor Fart.....anyone can get a spot in the England side, just turn up an hour before play and bring ur own bat if you want to open the batting !! :o

Its unlikely Lee will play as he has lost all control. McGrath and Gillespe have both lost a yard of pace and Warne has struggled this Summer so far.

Who else is there bar Harmison?

We have a good 85 MPH + quartet in Hoggard, Harmison, Flintoff and Jones (with Anderson, Lewis and Tremlett in reserve) who play well off each other. This is a very different team to the team who competed in the last Ashes series. The aussie batsmen will write them off at their peril.

Its unlikely Lee will play as he has lost all control. McGrath and Gillespe have both lost a yard of pace and Warne has struggled this Summer so far.

Who else is there bar Harmison?

We have a good 85 MPH + quartet in Hoggard, Harmison, Flintoff and Jones (with Anderson, Lewis and Tremlett in reserve) who play well off each other. This is a very different team to the team who competed in the last Ashes series. The aussie batsmen will write them off at their peril.

McGrath may have lost some pace,but he would be the most accurate quick bowler that i have seen for years.Underestimate him at your peril.

I don't think anyone will underestimate him especially on accuracy. Pakistan did that to their downfall. I think that a big part of his armoury was his ability to hurry the batsman or surprise them with the extra pace and bounce which now seems to have gone. When he played at Middlesex he looked pretty ordinairy at times and will need to be at his best if the aussies are going to fire.

If I were an Aussie fan the lack of any true pace, Lee asides (if he even makes the test squad) would be my massive concern.

I expect there will be one test in it with some high scoring draws along the way.

Edited by ProfessorFart

My impression of Mcgrath is similar to what Hadlee used to be.They learnt that express pace was not the b all and end all, but still have the ability to surprise a batsman when they want to.

The aussies have a very strong batting line up as well. I reallybelieve that you guys will have to hit your staps in a big way if you are going to beat them.

I'm with bronco though...crowing before the series starts seems a little premature. :o

I agree. I think the batting is going to be the key. If England don't bowl to their 100% best then the Aussie batsmen are capable of racking up huge totals and bat England out of the game.

If England have any sense they'll turn out pacy green wickets to give their bowlers that extra help.

I agree. I think the batting is going to be the key. If England don't bowl to their 100% best then the Aussie batsmen are capable of racking up huge totals and bat England out of the game.

If England have any sense they'll turn out pacy green wickets to give their bowlers that extra help.

Pro Fart..... quick get ur bat and get to the Oval.....

England needs you !! :o

If England are to win this series they need to nulify the threat from Warne's spin bowling. England should pay to bring Warne's asian ladyboy 'friend' over from

Sydney. He'll be that knackered from shaggin' the poms will have chance to belt him for six :o

"Aged" Brits look like playing "old man Thorpe"

Brits have already had a taste of the Oz second team

8 for 24 against the Paki,s at xmas, not bad for a bowler struggling to hit 85 mph

Ponting and the boys from the colony will show the Brits why they are World Numero Uno.