Need Air Con Manual

JusMe

Okay, I finally bit the bullet. I really don't much like air-con, but last night was just too much. Not even any air movement of the hot stuff, so I had to turn it on.

Now, I've got the remote and the wall unit, but no manual. It's an older LG model and I'd like to learn how to set it up properly.

I can't even figure out what the model number is, in order to search and maybe download the manual from a web site.

Here are three small photos I took of labels on it - two are on the wall unit, and the third is from the outside unit (same label as one of the inside ones).

First, can anyone figure out, clearly, what the model number is so I can do an effective search?

And next, even better, if someone has a manual for this type of air conditioner, any way of scanning it and sending it to me in a PM? We can discuss details by PM if you do have it.

post-77830-1272251447_thumb.jpg

post-77830-1272251517_thumb.jpg

post-77830-1272251545_thumb.jpg

I had the same questions and finally just took a trip to a store where the aircons were sold and got the manual from one there , got a little beauty to translate and took notes and cell phone numbers. Two birds with one stone... :):D :D

Edited by bunta71

Could be a bit of a problem, as this model is definitely older and probably unavailable. Any manuals available would be current models, and only partially applicable.

Still hoping for info about just which model mine is, and if anyone has a manual for it.

I have learned that the model number is S13LCN. Curiously, that appears to be a Thai only model number, as it's not found on the international (or other country) sites for LG.

It must be the same model as another international model, but with just a localized number. Now the problem is determining the match.

I have found a couple of Thai only sites and tried to send off an email to them, querying it, and I've also sent off the the Malaysian site, which is completely English.

I'd rather not try phoning around to wherever might answer, as I have no Thai. I did notice that the number (after a great search) appears to be local, so I might give them a try. If I knew the name of the shop, I might even be able to stop by, which would obviously be much more efficacious.

[Edit: More Info] Wow! Talk about efficient. I just received an email from the Malaysian office of LG. "Refer to this, I wish to say sorry as Malaysia do not have S13LCN in the market. But in order to assist, I attached the general user manual for your reference in pdf format. I hope this will able to help."

Sure looks exactly like the model of remote I've got, so now I can cool for the night!

Edited by JusMe

I don't really understand why you need a user manual. There's normally just a few controls and they are so easy to operate you don't really need instructions.

Oh, the remote is covered in buttons, and then there's the little screen that keeps changing its display. Playing about and experimenting would take me a week.

But with the manual, I can at least now set it up for a cool night, and slowly expand the functions as I read and add them.

At least my VCR never kept flashing the wrong time! :)

• 3 weeks later...
I don't really understand why you need a user manual. There's normally just a few controls and they are so easy to operate you don't really need instructions.

Oh, the remote is covered in buttons, and then there's the little screen that keeps changing its display. Playing about and experimenting would take me a week.

But with the manual, I can at least now set it up for a cool night, and slowly expand the functions as I read and add them.

At least my VCR never kept flashing the wrong time! :)

Sorry, is it possible that you're using the wrong remote,for example the one for our sons' robot?