Bangkok: Red-Shirts Storm Chulalongkorn Hospital

webfact

Although I am farang and have not a nickel in the outfit as far as Thailand politics is concerned, I always did support the redshirt cause as I believe the poor should have a voice in the government. However, they have gone way too far now. The ends do not always justify the means. Raiding hospitals is just disgusting. As is firing at police and soldiers. Even if many or most redshirts are against this they are guilty of not objecting to it and participating. I have no respect for supposedly peaceful, non-terrorist Muslims who do nothing to object to terrorism and I feel same about redshirts in same position. I have no use for the yellowshirts either and basically there is no one I can see in this country who really understands what democracy really is. They might as well be the Crips and the Bloods.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, this has gone far enough.

No more posts from red shirt apologists. Not interested in your whining pathetic views.

Time Thai police were disbanded. They are an F****** embarassment.

We need action NOW

Are there red shirt supporter on here? I had no idea they had the intelligence or time to log on? Aren't they busy building their fortresses for the remake of the movie: Braveheart Comes to Bangkok?!"

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation Here we go - fear reigns amongst patients

Chulalongkorn hospital transfers patients as red shirts vow to return

Chulalongkorn Hospital has transferred its patients to other Bangkok hospitals as red shirts protesters vowed to return to the hospital on Friday to check whether there were soldiers inside the hospital buildings.

More than 200 red shirts protesters stormed into the hospital, which is located next to their rally site, on Thursday night, claiming that there were troops hiding inside.

Although only five red-shirt guards, Payap Panket, a leader, and reporters were allowed to come in, scores of other red-shirt guards poured into the hospital buildings as soon as the door was opened.

They found no soldiers inside and vowed to return to the hospital on Friday morning to re-check.

Therefore, the hospital contacted other hospitals to transfer their patients in case the red shirts return as said.

Other hospitals included Ramadbibodi, Siriraj and Bhumibhol.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

from another source

out patient treatment has been suspended and only emergency surgeries will be conducted from now on.

Although I am farang and have not a nickel in the outfit as far as Thailand politics is concerned, I always did support the redshirt cause as I believe the poor should have a voice in the government. However, they have gone way too far now. The ends do not always justify the means. Raiding hospitals is just disgusting. As is firing at police and soldiers. Even if many or most redshirts are against this they are guilty of not objecting to it and participating. I have no respect for supposedly peaceful, non-terrorist Muslims who do nothing to object to terrorism and I feel same about redshirts in same position. I have no use for the yellowshirts either and basically there is no one I can see in this country who really understands what democracy really is. They might as well be the Crips and the Bloods.

I believe everyone should have a voice, but I also believe you have to earn your way in society too. So, it is fine to voice your concerns, if you feel repressed.... but if the fact is you are voicing your concerns, while day to day you are drinking booze, getting laid, gathering flocks of mia nois, encouraging your kids to become prostitutes, then I think your "voice" will be limited... unless of course you try and "force" yourself on others, like the reds are doing now.

The Mrs who is a nurse is absolutely disgusted and now plans to go join a yellow arranged rally this afternoon.

Talk about losing support.

Now we see the leaders apologising and saying they didn’t authorise it. Very sincere right?

Isn’t this the first time they ever acknowledged doing anything wrong and the first time they have ever apologised?

They just recognize a massive PR blunder that is going down very badlly with the public. That is all. And it one they cant blame on the government. Wonder what they will do to try and move the news cycle on

Yes to all three points

Right now on Tele the reds are trying to search a monk

How low can you go?

Pathetic.

I wonder if this red-monk has been arrested and stripped of his monkhood yet for his role in supporting hospital terrorism?

post-6428-1272594443_thumb.jpg

Okay! Time to get back to work! Enough wasting time mindlessly expressing our opinion, as if something will really get done! However it was nice to vent for a while.... coming on here is a bit like going to the gym and doing a bit of running, but THE REAL WORLD BECKONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

How low can you go?

Pathetic.

I wonder if this red-monk has been arrested and stripped of his monkhood yet for his role in supporting hospital terrorism?

post-6428-1272594443_thumb.jpg

Hahaha, I thought that red monk was a patient..... what is he dressed in red for [or need I ask?]. I thought monks wore orange? I recall many sitting in BUSINESS CLASS on my flights to HK and Singapore over the years!!! Hmm.... interesting... very interesting indeed!

Okay! Time to get back to work! Enough wasting time mindlessly expressing our opinion, as if something will really get done! However it was nice to vent for a while.... coming on here is a bit like going to the gym and doing a bit of running, but THE REAL WORLD BECKONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're lucky, hundreds of thousands of people can't go to work due to the red terrorists and conspiratorial police forces.

Wow this topic has been entertaining!! Keep it up guys.. :)

Note that other newspapers have a less rabid account of events than the Nation, but it's entertaining to see so many people are getting worked into a frenzy.. :D

You guys are almost funny if the matter at hand wasn't so sad.. There are documented cases of the government (or other parties) using snipers against unarmed protesters. Now there's a building overlooking the main sites, a perfect sniper's position or from where to lob a few more grenades. It seems reasonable to want to rule that out and prevent more needless bloodshed. The Reds clearly don't trust the government, not even to not use a hospital to kill their own citizens from. That's SAD!

Enough already, there should be a negotiated settlement. Clearly the amount of suspicion and disrespect on both sides is at maximum levels. That's just not good for anybody and especially not Thailand as a whole.

Over to you..

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

its a disgrace !!!!!! under the rules of engaging in fights only terrorists will not respect the red cross. apology my a.. , timekeeper is right the only thing they could do is handing over all the people who have done so many wrong things in the last weeks .

poor poor people you being used you fight in the streets and your leaders eating in mcdo at the same time , cant you see !!!

What ???

Turn themselves in...... to who >>>????

All the R/S leaders could walk into any police station in Bkk, they would all have a coffee or two, maybe some Dunkin Donuts, then the donuts would be confiscated and the R/S'ers would escape undetected out the back door.

Such b da power of da police here

It's almost funny.. There are documented cases of the government (or other parties) using snipers against unarmed protesters. Now there's a building overlooking the main sites, a perfect sniper's position or from where to lob a few more grenades. It seems reasonable to want to rule that out and prevent more needless bloodshed. This government clearly can't be trusted, not even not to use a hospital to kill their own citizens from. That's SAD!

Over to you..

Not a very good reason to *storm* a hospital. Especially when you make an agreement to only bring 5 people to do a search.

No soldiers found.

Who can't be trusted?

You should be up on the red stage with your comments just to incite a back lash.

Back to you.

You guys are almost funny if the matter at hand wasn't so sad.. There are documented cases of the government (or other parties) using snipers against unarmed protesters. Now there's a building overlooking the main sites, a perfect sniper's position or from where to lob a few more grenades. It seems reasonable to want to rule that out and prevent more needless bloodshed. This government clearly can't be trusted, not even not to use a hospital to kill their own citizens from. That's SAD!

Over to you..

Go home red apologist. We do not want your opinions.

Time for cannon loaded with grapeshot

You guys are almost funny if the matter at hand wasn't so sad.. There are documented cases of the government (or other parties) using snipers against unarmed protesters. Now there's a building overlooking the main sites, a perfect sniper's position or from where to lob a few more grenades. It seems reasonable to want to rule that out and prevent more needless bloodshed. This government clearly can't be trusted, not even not to use a hospital to kill their own citizens from. That's SAD!

Over to you..

it was only a matter of time before a sympathetic red emerged

even your leaders are apologetic this morning, is it really too much for you to be the same?

no need to respond, i know the answer, it was foolish on my part to even ask

Over to you..

Incredible Winnie.

The reds shoot army officers on Apr 10 and you say 'the gov't did it'.

The reds fire grenades at the skytrain and you say 'the gov't did it'.

The reds invade a hospital and you say 'the gov't did it'.

Are you are real, live thinking person, or just a machine connected to an automatic response generator?

'the gov't did it'....'the gov't did it'....'the gov't did it'......ad infinitum.

Dr Weng: I assured Dr Somsak that we will let ambulances, etc. through, but it is not right to allow military to use hospital to destroy us

Does this man actually have an <deleted> clue? The army wouldn't use the hospital as a vantage point.

Dr. Weng is like a nutty, displaced college professor who is one deuce short of a full deck.

Sometimes he speaks logically, more often I don't have a clue about what he is talking about. I'm sure Thais must think at times that he is speaking English, when he is actually speaking Thai. Makes Nattawut sound like Winston Churchill.

Dr Weng and Kn Wutanut are Wenging us again

Apo;ogies for monopolising this thread but this incident has made my blood boil.

If there is one thing, so far, that makes me say ENOUGH is ENOUGH. This is it.

For the red shirts this horrendous act on their part is the equivalent of Gordon Brown's 'bogoted woman' gaffe.

Hahahaha! Now that is funny! I wonder what all the Brits have to say about that one? I guess George Bush is not the only clown in the world, eh?

Oh this is way way WAY beyond one gaff by Browns mouth.

It may be one sentence to change a political race,

but can't be compared to putting the sick and possibly dieing in distress,

because this group of reprobates is paranoid and out of control.

Besides most of the bruhaha over Browns statement is just political haymaking by the opposition.

Tell me Britain doesn't have it's proportional share of bigots?

Enough already, there should be a negotiated settlement. Clearly the amount of suspicion and disrespect on both sides is at maximum levels. That's just not good for anybody and especially not Thailand as a whole.

Over to you..

Ah right - Hospitals fair game now (based on completely unsubstantiated evidence of the govt being foolish enough to break its own conventions by placing snipers there).

Understood.

No matter what else one may think of them, ff the reds are going to defend ratchaprasong against an army assualt one point of tactics cannot be disputed: they have to defend the flanks, and not only the main approaches. All their barricades will be useless if the army infilitrates their territory thru the many buildings that border their enclave. And too the Red high command has to be concerned about snipers and observation posts hiding in these contiguous areas.

That I suppose is why there have been many reports of Reds concerned with this infiltration, both thru Chulalongkorn and also thru Central World. And that is why if you visit the enclave, you will see that the black guards constantly have the campus and other contiguous areas under surveilance thru binoculars.

And Chulalongkorn U. itself is a well known hotbed of antiRed, pro regime sentiment. It would seem obvious that the Red tactitians would view the Chulalongkorn campus as a dagger pointed at the heart of their enclave.

Its a terrible thing to have hospital patients and operating theaters disturbed. It is also a direct and inevitable result of the 2006 coup that disenfranchised half the population of Thailand. As what was a protest has since Songkran become a much wider revolt against the government, incidents such as this are likely to continue and worsen.

Over to you..

Go home red apologist. We do not want your opinions.

Time for cannon loaded with grapeshot

Don't bite.

Not even he believes what he says. He just comments to stir things up.

Note that other newspapers have a less rabid account of events than the Nation, but it's entertaining to see so many people are getting worked into a frenzy.. :D

You guys are almost funny if the matter at hand wasn't so sad.. There are documented cases of the government (or other parties) using snipers against unarmed protesters. Now there's a building overlooking the main sites, a perfect sniper's position or from where to lob a few more grenades. It seems reasonable to want to rule that out and prevent more needless bloodshed. The Reds clearly don't trust the government, not even to not use a hospital to kill their own citizens from. That's SAD!

Over to you..

Late night was it?

Over to you..

looks like your definitely in the minority today whinnie

six others got there before me

its a disgrace !!!!!! under the rules of engaging in fights only terrorists will not respect the red cross. apology my a.. , timekeeper is right the only thing they could do is handing over all the people who have done so many wrong things in the last weeks .

poor poor people you being used you fight in the streets and your leaders eating in mcdo at the same time , cant you see !!!

What ???

Turn themselves in...... to who >>>????

All the R/S leaders could walk into any police station in Bkk, they would all have a coffee or two, maybe some Dunkin Donuts, then the donuts would be confiscated and the R/S'ers would escape undetected out the back door.

Such b da power of da police here

Sadly true. I've noticed around Silom the public are not giving so much in the way of goodwill gifts to the security forces since there lack of inaction since the skytrain blasts.

Shouldn't Abhisit bring those decent troops from Kanchanaburi that defended Viphavadi Road the other day down to the protest site. Start by clearning the reds 100metres from Chula hospital.

This abhorrent act has finally removed any remaining symapthy I may have had for the DAAD cause.

Me too........totally nuts!

Abhorrent behavior on the part of the Reds.

It is long past abhorrent

It became abhorrent when I could no longer get into

Siam paragon for my choice of Burger King for a whopper

or to Sunrise tacos for some nachos grande

No matter what else one may think of them, ff the reds are going to defend ratchaprasong against an army assualt one point of tactics cannot be disputed: they have to defend the flanks, and not only the main approaches. All their barricades will be useless if the army infilitrates their territory thru the many buildings that border their enclave. And too the Red high command has to be concerned about snipers and observation posts hiding in these contiguous areas.

That I suppose is why there have been many reports of Reds concerned with this infiltration, both thru Chulalongkorn and also thru Central World. And that is why if you visit the enclave, you will see that the black guards constantly have the campus and other contiguous areas under surveilance thru binoculars.

And Chulalongkorn U. itself is a well known hotbed of antiRed, pro regime sentiment. It would seem obvious that the Red tactitians would view the Chulalongkorn campus as a dagger pointed at the heart of their enclave.

Its a terrible thing to have hospital patients and operating theaters disturbed. It is also a direct and inevitable result of the 2006 coup that disenfranchised half the population of Thailand. As what was a protest has since Songkran become a much wider revolt against the government, incidents such as this are likely to continue and worsen.

So it's OK for these people out there "fighting for democracy" to invade a hospital just because it's a weak spot for the fortress of their illegal protest?

It's OK for the reds to invade locations that are not in agreement with them?

Red democracy at work!!

Over to you..

Incredible Winnie.

The reds shoot army officers on Apr 10 and you say 'the gov't did it'.

The reds fire grenades at the skytrain and you say 'the gov't did it'.

The reds invade a hospital and you say 'the gov't did it'.

Are you are real, live thinking person, or just a machine connected to an automatic response generator?

'the gov't did it'....'the gov't did it'....'the gov't did it'......ad infinitum.

Weng admitted that the storming of the state hospital by a group red-shirts and guards, led by another UDD core leader Payap Panket yesterday was inappropriate.

Seems Weng's gone off-message, Winnie. You'd better have a word with him. (Telling that the red-apologists have not got the critical brain to decide themselves what is appropriate or not, and have to wait for their leaders to tell them.)

Edited by dobadoy

How low can you go?

Robby, the reds have already established their reputation as being below pond scum. That is how low they can stoop. [or should I say "stool?"]

Hey guys...... something lower than that, maybe as low as low can go..... that is " Lower than Whale Sh*t"

Edited by Gonzo the Face