Quantitative Investment Traders In Cm

Orita

I trade currencies and some futures using MT4. I trade using moving averages and various indicators like stochastics, candlesticks, fibonacci, MACD, bollinger bands, trendlines etc.

I have not found rules based methods very reliable. They seem to work well in some types of markets action but then terrible in other types. Factoring for news and accounting events etc is very problematic.

I am a smaller retail trader so I have larger transaction costs than a high volume, high capital trader who can trade with next to no costs. A lot of rules trading systems look like they work until slippage occurs in live trading and the results diminish or evaporate.

I know there are people out there that use automated rules trading effectively but I have not found it to be consistent and repeatable.

You might want to move this over to the business forum for more input. It's really not Thailand specific so might get better input from trading specific mailing lists, forums etc on the net.

Thanks for the input CobraSnake.

:...It's really not Thailand specific..."

The reason for posting at the Chiang Mai Forum is that I would like to hear from, and perhaps get together with quantitative traders here in Chiang Mai to exchange ideas and strategies, of course without any commercial interests and strictly as a social pursuit.

Naturally , it is a matter of personal preference, if one is inclined to trade discressionary on MetaTrader 4 using trendlines,

averages or other tools, or based on a set or sets of back-tested rules with Matlab or similar mathematical or statistical software.

In the end, only the result counts.

Edited by Orita

oh sure. I know people in places like NYC and SF, London etc who trade with EA's. They tend to be in larger institutions with ECM type trading arrangements.

With all the tools now like skype and chat it just makes a lot of sense to find people from where ever in the world and network that way.

Needing to be local and face to face or something just doesn't make much sense. To me anyway.

Maybe you will luck out and find somebody local. Good luck with that...

Over in the Thailand/business forum there are more traders and prognosticators it seems.