Sunday Lunch Recommendations

Thaihog

Have enjoyed reading all the reviews here. A question for those in the know - which place would you recommend for my family and I next Sunday lunch? This thread is a little old - do people still stand by their reviews or have things changed? Also, which place offers the best deal for kids? I have a 3 year old and a 4 year old so they aren't going to eat very much. Seems a shame that they might have to pay the half price for kids that the someone mentioned the Londoner charge for under 12 year olds. (approx 300 baht per kid)

Not a traditional sunday lunch but the Holiday Inn do a great buffet for 500 baht a piece, free for the kids.

Its cheaper than that if you get one of their discount cards from the front desk when you go in.

Plus for those who like a good drop of vino, free flow red or white wine which I am told is good stuff is available till 2.30, for just 250baht...less your discount :)

The food selection is amazing and includes Sunday Roasts of all types, they just don't ever have any horseradish sauce though :(

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Amari is really good, but in a different category. It is just good food, without all the high end stuff like smoked salmon and lobster and at the Holiday Inn. It is also significantly cheaper.

The Le Meridian  (wrong spelling?) is much more like the Holiday Inn and recommended if it has not changed too much in the last year since I have been there.

Is it a buffet? What are the hours and the cost? If it's all you can eat with smoked salmon and lobster I'm keenly interested.

The Amari is really good, but in a different category. It is just good food, without all the high end stuff like smoked salmon and lobster and at the Holiday Inn. It is also significantly cheaper.

The Le Meridian (wrong spelling?) is much more like the Holiday Inn and recommended if it has not changed too much in the last year since I have been there.

Is it a buffet? What are the hours and the cost? If it's all you can eat with smoked salmon and lobster I'm keenly interested.

It's been about a year since I've been to Le Meridien Sunday brunch, but it is a buffet, and the cost at that time was approximately 500 baht per person. I recall that it started at 11:30 and ran until 2:00 PM, but I would check with Le Meridien.

Edited by venturalaw

The lamb in Makro is poor quality IMHO. More like mutton -whether it be Aus or NZ. I get mine in the Rimping - more expensive but much better taste.

The lamb is poor from Makro but what is the lamb like from Northern Farms. Surely it is cheaper than Rimping and they deliver, My friends and I buy lamb and pork from Northern Farms and l have never tasted anything bad from them. Its mainly imported from NZ or Aus

• Like 1

The Buffet at G & M Sausage is very good, well priced too, just 179 Baht, better get there early as there was a queue there were few seats left last time I went.

Location please.

Located here is the only way i can describe it, opposite a temple in Mae Hoi Ngoen, I forget the name of the Temple, I am sure someone else here on the forum knows.

The Buffet at G & M Sausage is very good, well priced too, just 179 Baht, better get there early as there was a queue there were few seats left last time I went.

Location please.

Located here is the only way i can describe it, opposite a temple in Mae Hoi Ngoen, I forget the name of the Temple, I am sure someone else here on the forum knows.

You Have GPS coordinates that's excellent. Try this.

http://www.muantae.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=87

Its off the Doi Saket-Borsang Rd. Its closer to Borsang but it's still in Doi Saket Amphur. Best to call and ask for directions. If i tried to tell you even I would gotlost.:lol:

The Le Meridian  (wrong spelling?) is much more like the Holiday Inn and recommended if it has not changed too much in the last year since I have been there.

Is the Amari an all you can eat buffet? Does anyone know the price and hours? Is the lobster any good?

Is the Amari an all you can eat buffet? Does anyone know the price and hours? Is the lobster any good?

Thanks JimSiam and Gotlost for the info.

The Amari is an all you can eat buffet and the cost is approx. 350 per person (not sure, best to call and ask). It's by far the best lunch buffet I've experienced in Chiang Mai. The hours I believe are from 11:30 to 2:30 or 3:00.

The lobster is at the Sunday brunch at the Holiday Inn, not the Amari.

Hello,

To be honest, the best I have been to was at Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi.

ok, this is 1.5 times or 2 times the price of other Buffet in town, but the quality is incredible, for a huge, high quality meal (I mean real high), that work out for about 20 euro per person. From where I come from, I cannot even get a buffet at the local camping for this kind of price.

5 stars and their prices in CM keep on bluffing me.

Hello,

To be honest, the best I have been to was at Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi.

ok, this is 1.5 times or 2 times the price of other Buffet in town, but the quality is incredible, for a huge, high quality meal (I mean real high), that work out for about 20 euro per person. From where I come from, I cannot even get a buffet at the local camping for this kind of price.

5 stars and their prices in CM keep on bluffing me.

20 Euros? Is that about B 800? Do you know the hours? Is it daily, or only Sundays?