Where Can I Buy A Mixer?

motoyen

I'm creating a podcasting website and I need the ability to have 2 or more mics recorded to my Mac Book. Someone suggested I need a mixer. Looking it up online it looks crazy expensive. Anyone know where I could buy something like that in Bangkok? Or does anyone have a mixer for sale?

Hi,

You can buy a Mac audio kit at an Apple retail shop. Look for a kit which has USB input to the PC/Notebook. There is a option with 2 mic input or keyboard and I think it was around 9,000 THB last time I looked.

If you prefer a standard mixer with analogue audio out, you can choose one of about 20 models at the shops at Pantib. Beware though that you will need to get the correct adapter to go into your Apple so make sure you know what jacks you have. I think most models of apple have a mini jack for analogue in and mini jacks are prone to connection problems, so I would recommend going the USB route above.

Cheers

This may be a crazy suggestion but it's cheap. Buy a mini-jack splitter that allows you to listen to two headphone sets at once (less than 100 baht). Use it in reverse to connect two microphones into one input.

Don't blame me if you blow your computer!!!

Hi,

You can buy a Mac audio kit at an Apple retail shop. Look for a kit which has USB input to the PC/Notebook. There is a option with 2 mic input or keyboard and I think it was around 9,000 THB last time I looked.

If you prefer a standard mixer with analogue audio out, you can choose one of about 20 models at the shops at Pantib. Beware though that you will need to get the correct adapter to go into your Apple so make sure you know what jacks you have. I think most models of apple have a mini jack for analogue in and mini jacks are prone to connection problems, so I would recommend going the USB route above.

Cheers

I can't find the Mac audio kit on the Apple website. What's in it?

Hi,

Cheers

I can't find the Mac audio kit on the Apple website. What's in it?

Sorry, my original post is perhaps misleading: the kit is not made by Apple itself, but sourced by Apple shops because of its good compatibility with Mac. You'll need to visit a dealer near you to see exactly what they have in stock. I have seen several of these USB audio kits in the Copperwire shop in Discovery Center and also at the shop in Paragon.

Cheers

Edited by richardt1808