Red-Shirt Leaders Turn Themselves In At National Police Office

webfact

All the reds: time to shut up now you terrorists losers,

An attitude like that (on both sides) is what led to all this chaos in the first place. Good will towards the seemingly deafeated enemy is what we need. If the "winners" don't reach out to the "losers" right now and instead prefer to beat on the Reds while they are down, this circle of violence will soon start over. Jail all radical leaders, especially the ones now on the run, push ahead with the yellow's trials as well to signal people that double standards are no longer tolerated, involve the red leaders that have some sense in them in the reconciliation process and treat them as equals in as much as possible.

Don't forget Sonthi and his so-called "bloodless coup". I can't remember anyone pardoning him. AFAIK, the King didn't.

It is high time the Army is given its right place and gets to know it is not above the law.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you have your tin pot hat on while writing that rant above? The Reds have already proven they can't abide by a fair election or campaigning (they don't even know what that is). They've actively threatened bodily harm to anyone who comes to their regions to campaign. If, even after doling out harassment, the Reds lose, you can be sure they'll make a big ugly fuss again - with violent rallies, etc.

Interesting way of defining and fight for democracy. Sounds more like dictatorship to me.

Edited by xenomorph

<h1 id="yn-title">"Thai protesters attack TV station, stock exchange</h1>

BANGKOK – Staff at the Thai local TV station Channel 3 say their building has been attacked by Red Shirt protesters.

One staffer said cars parked outside the building were set on fire and protesters then entered the Channel 3 building.

A journalist said the Red Shirts also set fires at the Stock Exchange of Thailand building.

Journalists at Bangkok Post daily said they were evacuating their building following threats from the Red Shirts.

The protesters have accused local media of being biased toward the government. Their barricaded encampment was overrun by the army on Wednesday. Three people died in the assault, and the Red Shirt leaders surrendered to the government."

Source: Yahoo News 5min ago

It seems the Red Shirts don't need there leaders anymore! They will keep on destroying the country... :)

dam_n. Does that mean the sex tourists will come flooding back again? And house prices will go back up?

It certainly means that Thaksin isn't coming back any time soon.

And it means that his incitement to attacks on gays is less likely to gain traction.

When it comes to sexual politics the bigot Thaksin has few peers.

Edited by yoshiwara

"Please heed my call for an end to the rally so that we can continue fighting to advance democracy for the future," he said.

PRICELESS quote......continue fighting to advance democracy, yeah right. PATHETIC attempt. next?

Funnier still, this government boycotted an election, most probably will get caught out for electoral fraud shortly, are responsible for killing dozens of unarmed protesters and unarmed foriegn reporters, muzzle the media, got into power via a parlimentary deal rather then through elections , and only because the opposition was disqualified for a cooking show. And the most ironic thing of all, is that these people call themselves the DEMOCRATS !

At least the foriegn media for the most part knows that this goverment is full of sh## , pity some of the expats are still clueless though.

Many of the expats that live in Thailand and never learn the language don't really have a clue whats going on. They're just pissed that Nana was shut down!

With the government controling the media and putting out anti Thaksin statements continuosly its hard not to be braiwashed by it eventually. I myself fell victim of it untill I started digging deeper.

The truth is Thaksin was becoming so powerfull that another 'very powerfull' figure in Thailand became upset by it, hence the 2006 coup.

All the problems in Thailand are because a group of people want to keep Thailand in the dark ages. Now who could that be???

WHO? WHO? Like in the Harry Potter moveis... He who must not be named!!

You have no idea. Did you ever travel outside your hut?

&lt;deleted&gt;

SKY: Thai army declares end to operation against protesters, says troops are in control of capital http://bit.ly/902hB1

Have the Thai army got Mr Bean assessing the situation? In control of the capital? LOL! The Reds haven't even started their fight yet. End the operation? Why? Do the army think they've won because they've arrested some key Red leaders? Do they think the Reds only listen to these leaders in custody? They still don't know the Reds are fighting for a cause. How blind can a government and the Yellow movement be?

Half the city is burning. Riots and shooting everywhere. Has anyone noticed that the women and children are still at Rajprasong? CNN reported shooting still going on there. But it's great news to see the army is back in control of the capital. :)

And you think that funny ,do you ?

Yes, I think it's funny that the army believes they are back in control. Everything else, not funny at all.

They were never out of control of the capitol. They were out of control of a couple of small areas because they did not want to go in and take control, which would have resulted in 100s of dead - What 'cause' are the reds fighting for? What program? What 'ideas' have they offered? 'Power to the people?' Forget it because 'the people' have no idea what they want or what to do as far as running a country. In this case - unlike Nicaragua in the 70-80s for example - ther is no abuse, no arbirtary killing and police/army abuse of the population (other than in the south) - and therefore no real reason for rebellion. That's why it's never been a popular uprising -- just a paid for and failed attempt at a civilian coup

I am happy those leaders came to their senses and did the right thing, both for their own followers and the other people of Thailand. I hope they get a fair trial and sentence.

like the yellow shirt leaders have??

Yeah, right. PAD occupied the new airport for a week or so, shut down the flight, travellers all stranded. I didn't see any tank and army troops moved in to disperse them. Beside, they got former PM Samak out of job by accusing him of having his own TV cooking show. His successor was also kicked out due to some kind of fraud in the election. So outrageous with these pathetic accusation. PAD leaders never had to be on trial of breaking the law. They got what they wanted then propped up Abphisit to be new PM and to become a puppet of the army. How can you call this fair election? Evrytime the majority elected somebody that the elite and PAD don't like, they always come up with the new allegation and the new law that these elected people have somehow broken the election law.

Does anyone know what happened to the Yellow Shirt leaders, after they closed the airport in Dec 2008? I have not heard of any of them serving jail sentences right now (I could be wrong) if so, seems a bit unfair to me that they can close down the airport and get away scott free. Or could be something to do with the fact that their side came into government afterwards, so they escaped punishment?

It will be interesting to see what happens to the Red Shirt leaders

The yellow shirts went to the airport to make themselves heard. They never demanded for the airport to be closed, that was the decision of ONE man, who was responsible for the security of the airport, and who decided that the situation is not safe. If you remember the pictures back then, there were no tires, bamboo sticks, fighting and killing... so saying both demonstrations are same same is just wrong IMHO. Anyways, Thailand never seizes to amaze me, so I am excited what's gonna happen next.

I hope that the worse if over now though, IF there is still a tourism industry, it sure can use a break from all the turmoil.

I'm a foreigner, and this is a domestic conflict... I got an opinion though, and IMHO I'd much rather have yellow shirts on the streets than red shirts.

An interesting article:

http://www.antithaksin.com/BlankForm.php?Aid=0501012

Edited by jbhh

Does anyone know what happened to the Yellow Shirt leaders,

I think there was a court date around Feb to April but it's probably been delayed because of the Red Shirt protests.

If you google "Sondhi court" you should be able to find something.

seems a bit unfair to me that they can close down the airport and get away scott free.

They're not "getting off" free as much as certain Thai visa members love to parrot over and over again.

Also what's this deal about being "unfair"? Are you really trying to draw a comparison between the yellow shirts closing down the airport and the red shirts burning down central world, other parts of bangkok and getting people killed?

I don't like either sides politics, they're both extremists, however you can't say that the yellow shirts ever did anything this bad.

I can't understand how so many posters on this forum are so staunchly anti Red.

The huge gulf between rich and poor in thailand is quite clear for all to see.

Even if their cause has been hijacked by certain individuals for their own personal gain and their actions somewhat misguided there is still a class war at the core of these troubles. As long as there is a huge underclass in Thailand and until the poor rural folk and anyone not connected to the army, police force, or big business have fair access to healthcare and education and as long as there are monopolies held by the business owners over agricultural products such as Rice and rubber these troubles will continue.

I am glad that bangkok looks like it will be getting back to normal for my own interests, but i just hope that the next protest will be done in a way that will be less alienating for the reds (or whatever colour they choose to wear) and that the normal people of Bangkok wont have their lives turned upside down. I wonder how many people i have met in Bangkok would have been more sympathetic to the reds plight if the protest had been gone about differently.

I think the last couple of months has only strengthened the red cause and in time with the right leadership justice could one day be served in thailand, i hope so any way.

This is far from over.

dam_n. Does that mean the sex tourists will come flooding back again? And house prices will go back up?

It certainly means that Thaksin isn't coming back any time soon.

And it means that his incitement to attacks on gays is less likely to gain traction.

When it comes to sexual politics the bigot Thaksin has few peers.

Yeah, where was Amnesty International when Taksin was spewing all that homophobic hate and slander?!

Even if their cause has been hijacked by certain individuals for their own personal gain and their actions somewhat misguided there is still a class war at the core of these troubles. As long as there is a huge underclass in Thailand and until the poor rural folk and anyone not connected to the army, police force, or big business have fair access to healthcare and education and as long as there are monopolies held by the business owners over agricultural products such as Rice and rubber these troubles will continue.

I am glad that bangkok looks like it will be getting back to normal for my own interests, but i just hope that the next protest will be done in a way that will be less alienating for the reds (or whatever colour they choose to wear) and that the normal people of Bangkok wont have their lives turned upside down. I wonder how many people i have met in Bangkok would have been more sympathetic to the reds plight if the protest had been gone about differently.

I think the last couple of months has only strengthened the red cause and in time with the right leadership justice could one day be served in thailand, i hope so any way.

This is far from over.

Yeah, right. PAD occupied the new airport for a week or so, shut down the flight, travellers all stranded. I didn't see any tank and army troops moved in to disperse them. Beside, they got former PM Samak out of job by accusing him of having his own TV cooking show. His successor was also kicked out due to some kind of fraud in the election. So outrageous with these pathetic accusation. PAD leaders never had to be on trial of breaking the law. They got what they wanted then propped up Abphisit to be new PM and to become a puppet of the army. How can you call this fair election? Evrytime the majority elected somebody that the elite and PAD don't like, they always come up with the new allegation and the new law that these elected people have somehow broken the election law.

Another newly created ID in here. What is your regular ID?

All the reds: time to shut up now you terrorists losers,

An attitude like that (on both sides) is what led to all this chaos in the first place. Good will towards the seemingly deafeated enemy is what we need. If the "winners" don't reach out to the "losers" right now and instead prefer to beat on the Reds while they are down, this circle of violence will soon start over. Jail all radical leaders, especially the ones now on the run, push ahead with the yellow's trials as well to signal people that double standards are no longer tolerated, involve the red leaders that have some sense in them in the reconciliation process and treat them as equals in as much as possible.

Don't forget Sonthi and his so-called "bloodless coup". I can't remember anyone pardoning him. AFAIK, the King didn't.

It is high time the Army is given its right place and gets to know it is not above the law.

You never have bothered reading anything about Thailand have you? like the constitution?

Shopping Centers around Bangkok evacuated.

I just sat down to watch a movie in Esplanade on Ratchada. We were told to leave as all shopping centres were being evacuated around the city. Can't see anything on Thai Visa about it. Anyone know whats going on?

So even when the Red leaders have been arrested and the bank accounts of Thaksin and his cronies have been frozen, you still think they're ONLY fighting for Thaksin? OMG! How blind can these pro government people be?

Yes, I still think they're mainly fighting for T. Though now they're fighting to save their own skins too. BTW, my eyesight is rather good. Thanks for being concerned.

You sound like a decent fellow. I can't say the same about me. Maybe it's the heat of the moment, but I'd like to see the Red leaders and the combatants get the book thrown at them. No leniency.

Ha Ha... I guess there's time for both 'decent' and 'non-decent' fellows. You NEED hardliners to get things like this done, but afterwards decisions have to be made by more cool-headed folks if don't want things to go down the drain.

Things have already gone down the drain. Besides blood and other bodily fluids, there's the residue of tens of thousands of burnt vulcanized tires. Pity the fishies near the Chao Praya delta. ....they're the real innocent ones. Oh, how silly of me. This is only about people. No matter that there are virtually zero wild mammals left in Thailand. People are all that matter, and all those people only care about money and how to get more of it - easily. That's how Thaksin has become such a big player. He has convinced many people that him coming back to power is the best and only way for them to get a lot of easy money. ....and his ruse has been quite successful.

Edited by brahmburgers

Red thugs running away give fire to a lot of buildings and shops.

What a sad finale.

Why Abhisit just didn't use the APC ad the iron fist a couple of months ago? He could save a lot of life and a huge amount of money in damage and expenses. (and international image of Thailand....)

This is far from over.

<h1 id="yn-title">"Thai protesters attack TV station, stock exchange</h1>

BANGKOK – Staff at the Thai local TV station Channel 3 say their building has been attacked by Red Shirt protesters.

One staffer said cars parked outside the building were set on fire and protesters then entered the Channel 3 building.

A journalist said the Red Shirts also set fires at the Stock Exchange of Thailand building.

Journalists at Bangkok Post daily said they were evacuating their building following threats from the Red Shirts.

The protesters have accused local media of being biased toward the government. Their barricaded encampment was overrun by the army on Wednesday. Three people died in the assault, and the Red Shirt leaders surrendered to the government."

Source: Yahoo News 5min ago

It seems the Red Shirts don't need there leaders anymore! They will keep on destroying the country... :)

Yay for RED DEMOCRACY

Freedom of speech - as long as it's good about us and bad about them.

WOW... This is the 3rd time challenging all Ahbisit bashers to come forth. C'mon StarWars boy... what's the hold up? So easy for you to sit there in the comfort of your home and draw your light sabre on the PM. I want ALL Red Tshirt Gang lovers to let the world know how you would have handled this situation were you in Ahbisits shoes. Pray tell how you would've dealt with unruly mobs burning your city, terrorizing government buildings and infringing on all others civil rights, attacking the middle class working man and his families all while causing literally billions of baht in loss to the country and all the law abiding citizens.

This is far from over.

If this was a real movement for poor people that were suffering under tyranny, I would support it for sure. But this? A fake revolution created by paid leaders and demonstrators, just to save an ousted corrupt criminal? NEVER IN MY LIFE!

Edited by xenomorph

I seriously doubt that this crackdown or arrests will end anything. Central World reportedly on fire. So is Century Park Hotel. Here are some photos of Ubon: http://memock.wordpress.com/ a while ago. Khon Khaen riots in the streets. As well as Chiang Mai. Government building burning in Udon Thani.

Its a good start.

For civil war ?

Something any new prime minister should be proud of .... starting up a civil war.

Way to go Abhisit :)

Hey Sgtpeppers,we all live in a YELLOW submarine.

... The poor will still be poor no matter who wins. They are pawns and stooges. They have no true cause worth fighting for. They may have experienced some injustices, but then again we all have. Get rid of the brain washing campaign, and things return to normal.

Do you know the biggest brainwashing campaign ever? We're not allowed to talk about it here, so don't ask. :-)

Assume for the sake of argument that this version of events is correct.

It would have justified the (failed) attempt to have a peaceful 'million man' march at Phan Fa bridge. It could even have justified a protest at Siam Square insofar as it didn't interfere with ordinary people's lifes and jobs. I don't see how anyone can argue it justifies what actually has happened over the last five weeks or so - if you call this 'protest' I suggest you buy a new dictionary. Protest was what Gandhi did.

This is an armed rebellion not against the government, but against the state. Attacking journalists and media, burning Ch3, the Thai Stock Exchange, 7-11s, Central World and so on has NOTHING to do with justice or democracy. Just tyranny and fascism.

There's barely a 'neutral' Thai left that has any time for the reds now. Enjoy your day engaged in arson, the country with or without Abhisit will demand your eradication, and the proof of this is the army hardliners will start to appear out of the political closet and they will not be either so gentle or so fair as the current coalition.

... The poor will still be poor no matter who wins. They are pawns and stooges. They have no true cause worth fighting for. They may have experienced some injustices, but then again we all have. Get rid of the brain washing campaign, and things return to normal.

Do you know the biggest brainwashing campaign ever? We're not allowed to talk about it here, so don't ask. :-)

You can talk about that tw@t Thaksin all you want.

It was always about him.... now its just turned into civil disobedience and civil disorder by a few hundred retards.

I just hope that all this tv and video footage is used as evidence to arrest these scum bags, and they get put away for a good few years!! Give them time to think about their loser leader Thaksin :)

I am happy those leaders came to their senses and did the right thing, both for their own followers and the other people of Thailand. I hope they get a fair trial and sentence.

"FAIR TRIAL" What have they done in the last 10 weeks that,s been FAIR?...They have had NO respect for their fellow countrymen,putting hundreds of thousands of

them out of work,they have had no respect for the Constitution,completely damaged the International reputation of the Country.

They should count themselves lucky just to be alive,after the Army seems to have shown considerable restraint, the sooner these selfish pig ignorant rice farmers

return to ISaan,the better!!!!

P.S Just heard ,whilst writing this the Morons have set fire to the SET and parts of Siam Paragon....says it all really.

Things have already gone down the drain.

I stand corrected. It should have been "if you don't want things to go COMPLETELY down the drain."

Because even with all the damage done, it could be and get worse, if Abhisit doesn't take the right steps now. I'm already relieved that the threat of 2 year jail sentences for all the protestors not leaving before the deadlines is apparently staying just that. The real troublemakers staying on the streets right now will get what they are asking for anyway, as they won't stop fighting until getting at least seriously wounded.

Out Jaengwhattana way we are seeing a number of black smoke fires outside of BKK (we have a 25 km view on all directions). Some small some not. One out near the Airforce base past Don Meuang. A couple to the east and north-east of the city. A big one somewhere along the Chao Phaya river about 4km south of here (image1). The cloud over BKK is a bit larger than usual (image 2). These fires eventually burn out so must just be tires. (end of rally?)

post-102665-1274255290_thumb.jpg post-102665-1274255301_thumb.jpg

Red shirt blockade Petchburi road between Nana and Asoke

see photos

red blockades