Is Pattaya Open For Business On May 20?

gguy

i am told yes-----------as normal from 6 am to 8 pm then its an early night in by the fire for all those partygoers that come to the city that never sleeps !!

unless new probs i suppose in the day time--------bars need money--------some might open earlier as they are getting to bed earlier --------oh no thats made me think of beer aaaaah

Read the following this morning on the Nation's website under "Breaking News"-- only Bangkok was indicated. At least this source has some credibility

Deputy PM's Secretary-General Panithan Watanayakorn said Thursday that the curfew will still be imposed in Bangkok for another day.

He said the curfew is still needed to facilitate the operations of security forces as armed protesters were still fighting against the authorities.

The Nation

I drove around Pattaya this morning just after nine, all the banks seem to be shut, Royal Garden Plaza was shut, Central on beach road was shut with a lot of police and fire trucks still parked around it, a lot of places seem to be shut that would normally have the shutters open long before nine?

Read the following this morning on the Nation's website under "Breaking News"-- only Bangkok was indicated. At least this source has some credibility

Deputy PM's Secretary-General Panithan Watanayakorn said Thursday that the curfew will still be imposed in Bangkok for another day.

He said the curfew is still needed to facilitate the operations of security forces as armed protesters were still fighting against the authorities.

The Nation

Curfew Remains in Bangkok, Public to Remain Indoors Tonight from 8 P.M. - 6 A.M.

Dr. Panitarn Wattanayakorn of the Center for the Resolution of Emergency Situation (CRES) has confirmed that the curfew will still be in effect for provinces under the Emergency Decree tonight. Under the curfew the public is prohibited from being out of their private residences from 8 P.M. - 6 A.M.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-05-20

footer_n.gif

Quoted from the daily update thread - looks like Pattaya will be included from other reports on the forum

And this just in:

"AFP: Thai authorities on Thursday imposed a curfew for three more nights in Bangkok and 23 other provinces"

Looks like I will stay in Ban Chang then this weekend :)

And apparently the Police chief of Chonburi will later inform whether Pattaya will remain under the Chonburi curfew.

I kind of doubt it that he will lift it though, one small incident with red shirts where a tourist/foreigner is involved in Patters will see his head on the chopping block...

Curfew until Saturday. This is what I learned:

"TAN: Confirmed: Curfew extended to Saturday, shortened to 9pm-5am, effective in all Emergency Decree declared areas throughout Thailand."

And I doubt that there will be any exception for Pattaya and really think there shouldn't be.

Pity for the bars, restaurants etc., but the can send their bills to the Red Shirts.

THe situation is not yet stable. Just won one battle.

i was in walking street area last night all closed and police cars telling everybody go home, nearly never made it home as they had also closed all the gas stations. Fun town shut down for 3 more nights. bars included during curfew times.