Question Re. Uk Tourist Visa

hi all,i am in the process of preparing a visa application for my gf.i have previously had 2 tourit visas for a previous girlfriend,about 5 years ago,but things have changed a bit,and i cannot remember everything i did before.

my question is,my gf is working partime at honda in korat,her boss has said if she can get a visa he has no probs her leaving,and is willing to write a letter stating that when she returns she can continue working there.

do you think this would be credible evidence of her returning to thailand,as this seems to be the main sticking point in applications.

also do you think it would be a good idea to mention that i have had 2 previous tourist visas,all be it with another girl 5 years ago,but that it shows that i have followed protocol before.

any advice appreciated.

steve

I see no problems with this as long as she meets the requirements of a visitor and you demonstrate your relationship is subsisting etc .

If you require any professional help feel free to contact me we have an office in Thailand.

thxs,yes i have all other docs proving relationship etc.one other thing i would like to check is,do i have to get any thai documents or letters translated?before i did but it seems that you dont have to any more for the tourist visa.can anyone confirm this?

thxs

steve

They used to say that documents in Thai need not be translated, but the VAC website now says

Translations

If you want the UK Border Agency visa officer to consider your visa application you should provide translations of any supporting documents that are not in English. Any translated documents need to be submitted with the original document for verification. All translated documents must include the following information: -

confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original documentthe date of the translation the translator's full name and signature the translator's contact details

I see no problems with this as long as she meets the requirements of a visitor and you demonstrate your relationship is subsisting etc .

If you require any professional help feel free to contact me we have an office in Thailand.

thxs,yes i have all other docs proving relationship etc.one other thing i would like to check is,do i have to get any thai documents or letters translated?before i did but it seems that you dont have to any more for the tourist visa.can anyone confirm this?

thxs

steve

thxs for the reply but if you goto the social visit cchecklist it also says

PLEASE NOTE:

(a) There is no requirement for all Thai language documents to be translated.

so i am in doubt as to what is correct.

steve

The quote from the VAC website in my last post is fairly new; as I said it used to say that documents in Thai do not need to be translated. Maybe they haven't updated the checklists (wouldn't surprise me!).

As there is doubt, I'd recommend getting translations; better to have them and not need them than need them but not have them.