I Hate Thailand!

Axel

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After cruising this thread I think have only one relevant question - why did you stay or why do you keep going back?

And while you're feverishly searching for an answer, take a moment to consider how lucky you are to have a choice and somewhere

safe to run to if things go pear shaped, unlike many millions of poor buggers in the world today!

Refreshing to see people like you in this forum 'qwertz'. Cheers.

Jeeez, this is an old thread....

I just browsed through it and saw of the members that were banned long ago.......Begs, ThaiGirlteen, Bluecat etc....lol.

I particularly enjoy when someone will quote a post from 41 months previously and pose a question to that poster (eg. the post made after yours).

:o

It's not Thailand that you love or hate. It's your own life and what you've done with it that you love or hate.

Quote of the year nomination!!

Heng, you might be onto something there.

Heng, pls start a new Thread based on that theme . :D

Edited by Maigo6

I would, but it'd be a lot easier to just use my quote as the forum slogan.

edit: ... actually that would be too broadsweeping, as there are clearly plenty of happy campers around. I'll just save it and paste it as a reply as required.

Edited by Heng

Interesting thread even if it is old, but Axel to get back on track:

I love Thailand because nothing ever is what it at a short glance appears to be, more so here than in the many other places i have been, and it is somtimes really funny.

LOS:(land of smiles) the maby most ingenius slogan accepted worldwide, sold to the world as a positive reason why you should come here.

When you after a while find out that Thais smile instantly at eyecontact with strangers ie. their own countrymen, to avoid a possible conflict, because what is by a Thai percived as a wrong look will in many cases lead to instant violence.

So the smiling Thais can be translated into, I admit very crude and simple:

Thais smile to avoid getting shot or stabbed.

LOS indeed, now that is really bloody funny. :o:D:D

Honest I really love to be here and now I know I am going to be bashed by the : Nothing is ever wrong in Thailand crowd.

Edited by larvidchr

LOS indeed, now that is really bloody funny. :D:D:D

So smiling Thai children are only smiling because they think the person they are smiling at will shoot them otherwise ? :o

larvidchr- I think your post will get bashed because it's dumb.

Of course Thailand has many problems as does any country, but what many foreigners seem to love about Thailand is how Thais, generally, seem to live life with such joy. It is that spirit that is embodied in LOS. LOS works because it has the ring of truth.

LOS indeed, now that is really bloody funny. :D:D:D

So smiling Thai children are only smiling because they think the person they are smiling at will shoot them otherwise ? :o

If LOS refers only to the smiling Thai children it is LOS everywhere in the world, com´on you are nitpicking you know what I ment in general terms. :D

If LOS refers only to the smiling Thai children it is LOS everywhere in the world, com´on you are nitpicking you know what I ment in general terms. :o

OK now I see, I have just noticed that you live in Pattaya, and Pattaya has a lot of violence, that's for sure.

Edited by Maigo6

I can live with that, we cant all be rocket scientist :D

Post on, larvidchar. there's nothing wrong with dicussing LOS in this forum, whatever your point. And no problem if you failed the rocket scientist's test, you're sure to find many soulmates in TV. :o

I can live with that, we cant all be rocket scientist :D

Post on, larvidchar. there's nothing wrong with dicussing LOS in this forum, whatever your point. And no problem if you failed the rocket scientist's test, you're sure to find many soulmates in TV. :D

Oh yea indeedy :o

larvidchr- Just put that in because you set it up in your post that the nothing wrong with Thailand crowd would bash you. That's certainly not my crowd. I'm part of the 'many things but not most things or all things wrong with Thailand' crowd.

In any event, I'm squarely humbled by your reply to my post.

Cheers, your fellow non-rocket scientist.

I'm sure that there must be forums for real rocket scientists, to exchange propulsion formulae; quantum physics; and the like...

Bet they don't discuss mia noi's; fashionable teeth braces; and how much they pay their girlfriends... :D

But I have heard that Stephen Hawking joined tv recently. :o

larvidchr- Just put that in because you set it up in your post that the nothing wrong with Thailand crowd would bash you. That's certainly not my crowd. I'm part of the 'many things but not most things or all things wrong with Thailand' crowd.

In any event, I'm squarely humbled by your reply to my post.

Cheers, your fellow non-rocket scientist.

And cheers to you to :o

Finally, to live here required of me some adjustments, which is ok, I did the same in the countries and made friends. I made friends here, they respect me for respecting them. Wish my Thai would be better, oh well.

This is exactly what I think is the most important thing to do in Thailand.

Learn some Thai yes. Adapt yes

Assimilate no mainly because it is practically impossible to do.

Concentrate on the positives of living here, and not only that everything is cheap here.

Show respect.

cheers

onzestan

It's not Thailand that you love or hate. It's your own life and what you've done with it that you love or hate.

:D

Simple! :D

Yeah, I like that.

Heng, you should get a copyright on that phrase.

Plaster it on massive great signs all over Pattaya, where all the moaning, whinging, jaded, bitter and twisted old sexpats are crying into their Archa beers ( 4 large bottles for 100 Baht ) at the mama and papa shops.

Edited by Maigo6

Yeah, I like that.

Plaster it on massive great signs all over Pattaya, where all the moaning, whinging, jaded, bitter and twisted old sexpats are crying into their Archa beers ( 4 large bottles for 100 Baht ) at the mama and papa shops.

Yeah, like a copyright would stick here. It'd be 5 minutes before someone copied it. G*d D*mn T-I-T.

Yeah, I like that.

Yeah, like a copyright would stick here. It'd be 5 minutes before someone copied it. G*d D*mn T-I-T.

That wouldn't be so bad if they took the philosophy on board too.