Sidecar For Click

coatesy

hi all,

i know this may have been on here before but would anyone know were i could get a proper sidecar made for a honda click ? around phuket would be good , and i meen proper sidecar not like the knocked up jobs on the road!

many thanks,

glenn.

I have a Saling on a Honda Dream I use very locally, Have you ever driven one ? I ask because they are dangerous, good or bad sidecar, it will handle and brake badly, what do you mean by a good sidecar what will you use it for ? You can get a custom built one ! But if you what it to use on the by-pass forget it, Oh and they are illegal :) anyway more info please.

I have a Saling on a Honda Dream I use very locally, Have you ever driven one ? I ask because they are dangerous, good or bad sidecar, it will handle and brake badly, what do you mean by a good sidecar what will you use it for ? You can get a custom built one ! But if you what it to use on the by-pass forget it, Oh and they are illegal :) anyway more info please.

You are right for the difficulty of driving with sidecars. And generally the Bikes with sidecar are illegal here in thailand. There is only one Bike with sidecar currently 100% legal & available in Thailand. It is the Tiger Retro w/sidecar as posted here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3489192

bigbikebkk bought the retro w/sidecar appr. 2 month back and has his registration all done . It is a 100% legal bike because Tiger Motors did initially register this bike with sidecar at department of land transportation...all other manufacturers so far didn't bother to do that.

Tiger & Sachs Bikes can be bought through the online shop here(shipped nationwide and maintained through a service center in your place) : http://tigersachsclub.com/tigersachsshop.html

and yes, we do speak english and feedback usually in less than 24 hrs.

happy trails

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

It may be worth noting that the Retro sidecar is available separately for 20,000 baht, but fitting it to any bike is illegal except as original equipment on the Retro and Tiger don't recommend or guarantee it on anything but their bikes as original equipment.

If the Honda Scoopy comes out with a sidecar, as seems possible as mentioned here before, that would be worth waiting for (and I'd be heading the queue!).

It may be worth noting that the Retro sidecar is available separately for 20,000 baht, but fitting it to any bike is illegal except as original equipment on the Retro and Tiger don't recommend or guarantee it on anything but their bikes as original equipment.

If the Honda Scoopy comes out with a sidecar, as seems possible as mentioned here before, that would be worth waiting for (and I'd be heading the queue!).

Yes there was a scoopy with sidecar at the Motorshow too and it does look nice although i found the sidecar itself very small in size ...but something tells me that this was not the doing of Honda but some Shop that made it ( KD shop...it is written on the sidecar) . So if the manufacturer , in this case Honda, is not registering this bike with sidecar at department of land transportation it would still be illegal...the question is will they? Personally i don't think so as this is a niche market where Honda may not even be interested in....

It is also true that the sidecar can be bought seperately from Tiger for 19900 thb ...but as mentioned from "johnleech" it will not be legal or recommended nor guaranteed ,being mount on another manufacturer's Bike .

Here some scoopy w/sidecar pics....there is a phone nr of KD shop on the sidecar maybe they know more ?

Happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

post-103819-1275084462_thumb.jpg

post-103819-1275084475_thumb.jpg

post-103819-1275084490_thumb.jpg

post-103819-1275084503_thumb.jpg

I prefere to use a trailer.

Easy to disconnect and bike becomes legal when disconnected, can carry more load. Speed up to 60 kmh is ok. Aprox 6k baht brand new. Trailer tow and ball from Europe, top box bracket as base for ball (600 baht), and trailer made in Suratani with 2 Honda Wave wheels (3k baht)

I m in Kata Beach, PM if you want to have a look

thanks guys,

I think i'm sorted now i got my wife to call the guys at tiger motors and plan on getting a side car and bike .... not what i was orginaly wanted to do but seams like a good enough deal , i realy want the side car to take my dog down to the beach , the wife was complaing about him being in the car and drippling every were.

thanks guys,

I think i'm sorted now i got my wife to call the guys at tiger motors and plan on getting a side car and bike .... not what i was orginaly wanted to do but seams like a good enough deal , i realy want the side car to take my dog down to the beach , the wife was complaing about him being in the car and drippling every were.

Nice choice coatesy, what color did you choose?

Here is a thread that maybe of interest in regards of Retro w/sidecar: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3481150

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Edited by Tigersachsclub

The one I originally saw in the Thai "soap" on a Scoopy was a much better size - this one looks as if it would be a bit small even for Grommit!

I am impressed (and tempted) by the Retro sidecar but I can't help thinking that the Retro itself may be hindering sales more than it is helping them as it is not everyone's cup of tea; although I haven't tried it the front suspension is definitely in the "unusual" bracket, and while the Honda Cub has a definite following in Thailand that following makes it anything but "chic" or trendy - which is the market the Scoopy is undoubtedly aimed at.

Although I saw a few Retros, with and without sidecars, in dealers in and around Pattaya a few months ago I haven't seen any dealers with any recently nor have I seen any on the road (although I do know there is at least one yellow and white combo in Pattaya!). No idea why - in fact I am quite surprised. At the moment I'll wait for either Honda to come out with the Scoopy + sidecar, or Tiger to come out with their 150TT and have them put a sidecar on that. No guesses as to which will happen first (or ever!).