Seeking Advice About Yamaha

RBrown

I am a total bike novice, an infant in the world of motorcycle road-trips, so i am here to seek answers to a couple of questions:

1) where are yamaha motorcycle dealerships in bkk located?

2) is the WR125R available in thailand?

3) what is the approximate price of this model?

the 3 questions mentioned above reflect the absolutely confusing nature of yamaha thailand's website, which is written entirely in thai and flashing airbrushed human versus motorcycle models.

4) a group of buddies, whom i would also categorize as infants, and i wish to tour around thailand on a bikes that are manageable, reliable, and versatile. this model seems to meet this criteria, but i thought it best to request your opinions. please keep in mind that we are for the most part inexperienced, and i am a skinny guy, so a 20,000 cc turbo-charged jet engine monster would be certain death. hahaha

on a final note, in addition to having grown up riding dirt bikes and quads in the US, i also have extensive experience riding the typical thai scooter in all areas of thailand - urban, rural, and dirt road - except bangkok.

thanks in advance,

aspiring glorified scooter owner in bkk

Edited by RBrown

If you have extensive riding experence in Thailand then you have the answer, you can Google the rest :)

Allow me to qualify my use of "extensive." I mean, I have a lot of experience riding thai scooters, the typical 100 cc bikes, for short distances, nothing long range.

I was hoping to receive opinions regarding a smaller street/dirt bike suitable for long-range road trips. I suppose the questions are a bit elementary, but hey, consulting the experts cannot hurt.

2) No

Available would be the Kawasaki klx250 147,000b. The klx125 80,000b or the Lifan200 or another chinese 150 at 69,000b (can't remember the name)

thanks. do you think the klx125 is reliable for long-range road trips, or is this a bike just for having fun for the day?

2) No

Available would be the Kawasaki klx250 147,000b. The klx125 80,000b or the Lifan200 or another chinese 150 at 69,000b (can't remember the name)

thanks. do you think the klx125 is reliable for long-range road trips, or is this a bike just for having fun for the day?

If you go on a long-range road trips on a klx125 I think you don't go so far on a day, I tray on a Honda Airblade, but no thanks never again.

If you don't want to spend to much money on a bike, I go for a Phantom, much more comfortable and 200cc is Ok. and cost 80-90.000thb

Now I drive a Honda NV750 Custom and that is nice. :)

good luck

Edited by hellstens

2) No

If you looking for a reliable bike with allround abilities for long range road trips the Tiger Boxer 250RS would be a good choice. I did own one and have done up to 1000km/day on it on variety of road conditions.Price is 72000 THB new and get a 3yrs/30000km warranty on the bike. Here some more info:http://www.tigersachsclub.com/tproducts.html

and a picture of it.

post-103819-1275272047_thumb.jpg

Hope that helps,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

I would agree with Tiger/sachs about the Tiger250rs its a good all round bike, Lots of midrange for a small engine. If you want a more offroad bike then the Klx250 would be the best bet.

Hi allan...you are right the KLX is nice and more on the offroadish side...i did actually go with my Boxer on an offroad track near my home....i could , with my very little , if any, "offroad knowledge" do the rounds on this track...sure jumping with it i did not do but for the rest it didn't do too bad for a bike meant rather for being rdden on the street. So if you are not going for a real offroad adventure in some remote location i think the Boxer 250Rs will do the Job and seat is a lot more comfortable over distance that the KLX seat.

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

RBrown, I cannot vouch for the Tiger as I don't have any experience from them other than heard from a lot of people that they are ok. However, from my experience from over 40 years of riding and racing motorcycles, a 250 is insufficient for long-haul rides. And subsequently a 100-125 is unthinkable. You would be fed up with its lack of power after a day.

RBrown, I cannot vouch for the Tiger as I don't have any experience from them other than heard from a lot of people that they are ok. However, from my experience from over 40 years of riding and racing motorcycles, a 250 is insufficient for long-haul rides. And subsequently a 100-125 is unthinkable. You would be fed up with its lack of power after a day.

Although you are generally right but it really depends on the bike and its purpose/capability to go longer distance or not...of course seating comfort and position plus handling is important too- i think the displacement size is not the biggest factor over a bikes suitability for long distance riding...have a read here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Iron-Butt-Ri...01-t308532.html . Dave(dave_boo) and me( mbox or alike :) ) on a 1000 km trip...nakhonsawan/maesot/umphang/maesot/nakhonsawan it was 1011 km for me, to be precise. All done in one day on a ninja 250 (dave) and Tiger Boxer 250 RS(me) ...and no mayor aches for me just very tired( riding from about 5 am until appr 21pm) ... dave was on the ninja 250 that day and i think if he had a better seat he would have been a lot better too. I done another 720km daytrip with Tony ( bigbikebkk) and again no problems on my Boxer but in the hilly area Tony's 650 ninja has more juice than a 250 Boxer...so you can see a 250cc Bike(and before someone else mentions it, the boxer 250 RS has actual 232,6 cc) is fit to do longer trips too and other boxer owners may tell you the same things really (kano85 he done even longer trips over days and no issues whatsoever).

Here some video that i made while on that trip ( this the section after maesot towards umphang: h

Hope this helps,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

here the thread about the second iron Butt with Tony ( bigbikebkk) which was 720km for me that day ...650 ninja and 250Boxer : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Metric-Iron-...Ni-t315726.html

I look forward to be on the road again soon :-)

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

That was good fun Mbox- hope we can do it again- next time you'll be on your 750 and I'll be on my 1k! :) Ride On! Tony

here the thread about the second iron Butt with Tony ( bigbikebkk) which was 720km for me that day ...650 ninja and 250Boxer : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Metric-Iron-...Ni-t315726.html

I look forward to be on the road again soon :-)

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

That was good fun Mbox- hope we can do it again- next time you'll be on your 750 and I'll be on my 1k! :) Ride On! Tony

Hi tony yes it sure was a great trip, and next time we do that one road you suggested ( was a turn-off between phitsanuloke and petchabun),but didn't really have time to follow ...

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox