Burmese (mayanmar) Citizens In Thailand

For a number of years the Thai government has tolerated Mayanmar citizens that come to work here in Thailand as laborers, nannies and a host of other laborer/professions that the Thais themselves do not seem keen enough to fill.

In any case the drill was that the person was registered, receive a medical check and was issued a one year permit to remain and work here.

Now it seems they will only allow two more extensions to these people after which I suppose they will start to repratriate them to Mayanmar, unless they have a Passport and other doumentation.

Seems a couple of years back someone warned that this would be the result of registering the workers under the amnesty that was then declared.

The problem is of course compounded due to some of these marrying into Thai families, children having been born and of course the list of problems goes on.

Does anyone know how to get a Mayanmar citizen a Passport without them having to go back and apply in their home nation. It should be possibel, however, I cannot seem to find a Embassy listing for them in Bangkok.

I do not want to loose my Nanny to a beaurocratic system and will do anything reasonable and legally required to get her the required passport or other documentation to stay here with us until she wants to go home rather than being forced.

After all, she is costing no one anything, certainly not a burden on the economy and definitely not taking a job from a Thai person.

For a number of years the Thai government has tolerated Mayanmar citizens that come to work here in Thailand as laborers, nannies and a host of other laborer/professions that the Thais themselves do not seem keen enough to fill. 

In any case the drill was that the person was registered, receive a medical check and was issued a one year permit to remain and work here.

Now it seems they will only allow two more extensions to these people after which I suppose they will start to repratriate them to Mayanmar, unless they have a Passport and other doumentation.

Seems a couple of years back someone warned that this would be the result of registering the workers under the amnesty that was then declared.

The problem is of course compounded due to some of these marrying into Thai families, children having been born and of course the list of problems goes on.

Does anyone know how to get a Mayanmar citizen a Passport without them having to go back and apply in their home nation.  It should be possibel, however, I cannot seem to find a Embassy listing for them in Bangkok.

I do not want to loose my Nanny to a beaurocratic system and will do anything reasonable and legally required to get her the required passport or other documentation to stay here with us until she wants to go home rather than being forced.

After all, she is costing no one anything, certainly not a burden on the economy and definitely not taking a job from a Thai person.

Here are the details of the Myanmar embassy in Bangkok:

132, North Sathorn Road

Bangkok 10500

Tel: 2337250, 2344698

Also here is a link to all the Myanmar embassies abroad:

http://www.burma-travels.com/embassy.htm

GOOGLE BABY GOOGLE

Does anyone know how to get a Mayanmar citizen a Passport without them having to go back and apply in their home nation.  It should be possibel, however, I cannot seem to find a Embassy listing for them in Bangkok.

Here are the details of the Myanmar embassy in Bangkok:

132, North Sathorn Road

Bangkok 10500

Tel: 2337250, 2344698

Also here is a link to all the Myanmar embassies abroad:

http://www.burma-travels.com/embassy.htm

GOOGLE BABY GOOGLE

:o:D

I'm only guessing here Mouse, but if your nanny was properly registered here in thailand, then wouldn't it be a formalty to get a passport from the embassy? Having said that, I guess the quivalent of TIT (TIM or TIB) applies to the embassy, so there is likely to be some sort of obstacle.