UK Visa For My Wifes Children

In your previous topic you, eventually, said you were asking about a UK visa, so I've, like last time, amended this topic's title to include UK. Please remember that if you do not tell or remind us which country you are asking about; we cannot help you.

Someone who is in the UK with a settlement visa or FLR is allowed to take holidays out of the UK without any limit. However, when applying for ILR they will need to show that they are, and have been continuously, resident in the UK; which may be difficult to do if they have spent more time outside the UK than in.

Once someone has ILR, if they spend a continuous period of 2 years or more out of the UK then their ILR will lapse and they will need to obtain the appropriate visa to re-enter.

However, if one wishes to apply for naturalisation as British there is a residential qualification.

If the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen the qualifying period is 3 years, for others it is 5. The applicant must have been physically present in the UK on the exact day 3 (5) years prior to submitting the application and during the intervening period have spent no more than 270 (450) days out of the UK with no more than 90 days in the final year. (Hence Sumrit's comment.)

I should add that in order to apply for naturalisation one must also be in the UK without any time restriction, i.e. have ILR/ILE or the equivalent.