Airfare Sydney To Bangkok

billyboy

I read on another forum about a poster who says he saves money by booking a one way trip,dunno where he s from,into Bangkok,then books his return trip to his home country and return to thailand from Bangkok travel agency.

Im thinking if this is legal or this easy,it sounds easy,but does immigration have to see a return date in your entry card before your let into Thailand?

Im sure this is not easy as it sounds.

Anyway even if it was,the first time you do this,you will pay a one way ticket to Bangkok from Sydney of $743 plus taxes,or Bangkok return of $862 plus taxes,from Sydney so one way is just as expensive.I suppose if you initially pay the one way ticket,and can book a return fligght in Bangkok and return to Bangkok from your home country in the future then you will save money.

I dont know if this can be done sounds tooooooo good to be true.

I read on another forum about a poster who says he saves money by booking a one way trip,dunno where he s from,into Bangkok,then books his return trip to his home country and return to thailand from Bangkok travel agency.

Im thinking if this is legal or this easy,it sounds easy,but does immigration have to see a return date in your entry card before your let into Thailand?

Anyway even if it was,the first time you do this,you will pay a one way ticket to Bangkok from Sydney of $743 plus taxes,or Bangkok return of $862 plus taxes,from Sydney so one way is just as expensive.I suppose if you initially pay the one way ticket,and can book a return fligght in Bangkok and return to Bangkok from your home country in the future then you will save money.

this what i used to do, buy a 12-month return, then in bangkok, buy a cheap return, when the oz 12-months came-up i changed the return date by another 6-months :o

but then i went every 3 weeks or so :D

:D

I used to work in Iceland and traveled about every 6 months Copenhagen to BKK.

I bought a BKK/CPH/return ticket from travel agent in BKK I knew. Used SAS or Thai International as airline.

Return reservation was open and ticket valid for one year.

When I wanted to return either 6 months or in a year I made reservation in CPH using ticket with open return bought in BKK.

Advantage was: no travel tax on ticket in EU, as ticket had been previously bought/paid for in Thailand.

Also cost of ticket was discounted by travel agent in BKK.

Was told how to do this by travel agent friend in BKK.

:o

:D Lets see if this works, having troubles posting.

I used to work in Iceland and traveled about every 6 months via CPH to BKK.

I bought a ticket in BKK for BKK/CPH/return from a travel agent in BKK.

Left return open and ticket was valid for 12 month period.

Then 6 month later when I wanted to return made reservtion using open return portion of ticket.

Advantage of this: no EU ticket tax charged as ticket was previously bought/paid in BKK.

Also ticket cost was discounted by travel agent in BKK.

Was shown how to do this by my travel agent friend. Usually flew SAS or Thai International, never had a problem.

:o

Mate,

What you are thinking of doing is exactly what I have done. I initially came over here on a 12 month ticket last Sept. I used the return part to go back to aus in feb for 3 weeks. I decided to buy a one way ticket with singapore to fly back to here. Its only a little bit cheaper than a return but you pay less tax this way.(Better in your pocket than that a***hole Howard).

I had with me a Non-immigrant visa in my passport so there was no probs at the check in at the airport and no probs at immigration at Bangkok airport.

To book a return fare from Bangkok to aus is heaps cheaper than from aus to here. If you can get one of these specials advertised on various sites then you pay almost half what the fare from aus to here is.

Definately the way to go for me in the future. I intend to stay here indefinately so I will be originating my trips from here.

Good luck to you.

I discovered very quickly how cheap it was to buy plane tickets here compared with Australia. I managed to purchase a one way ticket Sydney - Singapore $A499 + tax. Then I bought a tigerairways ticket off the net Singapore to BKK $S30. Since then Whenever I want to return to Australia I buy a return ticket with Royal Brunei for just 17,000 Baht valid 3 months. I have saved a ###### of a lot doing this.