Vfw And Us Consulate 4Th July Celebration

jarhead50200

YOU AND ALL THE RESIDENTSOF CHIANG RAI AND OUTLYING AREAS ARE INVITED TO THE ANNUAL VFW/US CONSULATE 4THOF JULY INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION WWW.4JULYCHIANGMAI.COM , FOR THE PRICE OF A TICKETYOU WILL RECEIVE:

ALL YOU CAN EAT DUKES

ENTRY FOR THOUSANDS OFDOLLARS OF PRIZES

LIVE ENTERTAINMENT ANDDANCING

DISNEY STYLE THEME PARKFOR CHILDREN IN ½ OF CHANG PUAK STADIUM

FIREWORKS

WE DO DELIVER TICKETS AND FOR MOREINFORMATION PLEASE GO TO OUR WEBSITE,

THANK YOU

300B, or 350 at the door, I checked on the website.

Includes all you can eat at Dukes. I suppose it'll be strange American food like grits so starve for a week before you go.

<deleted> is a grit anyway? :)

300B, or 350 at the door, I checked on the website.

Includes all you can eat at Dukes. I suppose it'll be strange American food like grits so starve for a week before you go.

<deleted> is a grit anyway? :)

FYI A grits are small broken grains of corn. They were first produced by Native Americans centuries ago. They made both "corn" grits and "hominy" grits. Kinda like oatmeal and mostly eaten by folks from the southern US.

Sorry, thats the redneck in me comming out.

did i mention the prizes that you could win on our 4th July event raffle? go to our sponsor page on www.4julychiangmai.com and see some of the prizes you could win, such as great hotels, airline tickets, spas, etc.. come to our event and your entry ticket will give you an automatic entry into the drawing for big prizes!!! oh and we do deliver ticketsbah.gif

Far as I know, "grits" are not on the menu.

Probably scea just having a sly dig at the septics.

I do see lots of delectable (to some) food offered.

Click on the original posters link, and read the invite.

All are welcome, no matter your nationality. :)

Most ethnic groups have food that other nationalities find unusual. Ulysses G considers Vegemite to be an amusing part of Australian cuisine but the child raise on Vegemite sandwiches will be a far healthier specimen than one raised on grits!

Mind you, meat pies with sauce are another matter. :)

Sounds like just another case of raising a population on food that normal people would give to livestock.

Are you referring to grits or vegemite? Maybe both?

I don't think that anyone only eats only one food, so perhaps your example above does not quite fit.  :)

Grits aren't for everyone. Typically, they are known as a food for sage, hard-working southern people, the kind that think long and hard before speaking and when they do speak, wisdom is exhaled. Grits are brainfood.

Corn. That is grits. It has the hard shell removed from each kernel, leaving only the nutritious white core to be consumed. The hard shell is without nutritional value and is normally passed through the body without being broken down or digested. Big work for the system and hard on your body parts.

Lots of people eat grits without knowing it. The white corn-meal that batters many fried foods in the world is grits that have been moistened and then applied to otherwise healthy foods, deep-fried in grease and served to the masses. Yum, yum, and six or twelve pants sizes later, a rethinking of eating habits. Maybe those corn-dogs and hush-puppies were good but they stayed with you. Not looking so good now, hanging over your belt buckle.

Grits. A small pat of butter, a dash of salt . Nature's perfect food. Put a fried egg in the center of them and you no longer need that piece of toast to sop up the yolk.

Old -fashioned grits, vs instant grits: The instant are fine and cook more quickly. The instant grits are also irresistible to ants and deadly to them as well. Add a few spoons of dried instant grits to an anthill. So soon, the ants are gone. The ants eat the grits, feed them to the other ants in the den and then explode when the super-dehydrated instant grits absorb moisture and expand. Effective, natural ant killer. Of course, if you ate your weight in dried, instant grits, the same thing would happen to you.

Try serving some grits at your house. Make new friends. Get rid of old enemies.

Vegemite. Never tried it. Probably won't. In my experience, everyone who eats it ends up speaking with a really strange accent. Not sure what the correlation is but I'm not curious enough to experiment. While it doesn't seem to adversely affect the intelligence of the subjects, it does seem to cause them to invent words and phrases that are otherwise unknown to the rest of the English speaking world.